Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I skip Takayama? 2012/3/29 11:40
Hi all,
I planned to have 7 days trip in Japan. Below is my itinerary:

Day 1: Arrive at Osaka around 15.10 pm
Universal city walk(not entering USJ theme park) - tempozan ferris wheel and walk around Namba shopping street. Question: is it too much? should I skip tempozan ferris wheel?I don't know whether taking this ferris wheel is worth.
Day 2: Umeda Sky Builing - Umeda shopping street - Osaka Castle - Tennoji (all for half day) then I'll go to kyoto after lunch by shinkansen. Arrive at kyoto visit kiyomizu, sanjusangendo, gion, heian shrine.
Day 3: Plan to try sagano train from arashiyama on the morning continue to kinkakuji temple (half day)
Another half day I plan to visit takayama only for the old city then go back to kyoto.
Take the late night bus to tokyo.
Question: is it possible to take sagano train at the morning then go to takayama in the afternoon then go back to kyoto catch for the night bus?please suggest me on this route.
Day 4: Tokyo Disneysea - Akibahara (at night).
Day 5: Hakone - Mt Fuji.
Stay at Lake kawaguchi. Plan to have Fuji pass to visit Hakone till afternoon then go to lake kawaguchi and stay there. Or better to take Hakone pass instead?
Question: Should I more focus on hakone area or lake kawaguchi?which view is better to see Mt Fuji? take the kachi or komagatake ropeway is better? Since there're lot of tourist spots in hakone I planned to spend more in hakone and back to lake kawaguchi around 4. Is Oshino Hakkai worth to visit?
Day 6: Arrive at Shinjuku in the morning by bus. visit yokohama for half day then back to shinjuku shibuya harajuku.
Question: Is it possible to visit yokohama only for half day?what's best spot in yokohama possible to visit in half day?
Day 7: Visit Asakusa temple, Ueno park sumida river cruise to odaiba back to Asakusa and return to airport.

Welcome anyone to give an advice on my itinerary. thanks!
by nezznezz  

Re: Should I skip Takayama?advice pls 2012/3/29 13:27
For your 2 days in Osaka I recommend you purchase the 2-day "Osaka Unlimited Pass":

http://www.pia-kansai.ne.jp/osp/en/

It'll get you free entry to Umeda Floating Garden, Osaka Castle and Tempozan Ferris Wheel.

I've been on the Hep5 Ferris wheel and would also recommend that if you don't want to go all the way out to Bay area. I haven't ridden it so can't compare them.

The pass will also give you free access to most, if not all of the subway you'll use to get around Osaka.

If you have time, I recommend the Tsutenkaku Tower and surrounding area. It's an old part of Osaka and so different. It was fun to walk around and see old pachinco palors
by Obak3 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread