Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/16 23:59
Will be visiting castle coming off a cruise ship in Kobe in May with two suitcases. Is there a place I can check suitcases at the castle. If not, can I bring them with me as they are not large size?

Thank you
by taeleanor  

Re: Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/17 11:10
The castle is quite a distance from the train station. As such - leave you luggage at the train station. Do note that quite a few people may be doing the same thing so try and get there early....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/17 11:23
Thank you for your response and advice!
by tali (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/17 12:02
Where are you staying? leaving your luggage at your hotel is advised, travelling to Himeji and expecting to store it is a fools errand. Trust me you don't want to be travelling to tourist spots with luggage.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/17 12:18
I am coming off ship in Kobe. My hotel is in Osaka and I was hoping to go to castle directly before checking in my Osaka hotel that evening. Maybe I will visit Himeji on the next day from Osaka. Thanks for your response and warning.
by tali ft (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/17 12:20
Where are you staying after leaving the ship in Kobe? You should be able to send your luggage by Takhaiubin service from the cruise ship to your hotel: it takes 24 hours: and live out of a day pack for those 24 hours.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/17 12:30
Thanks again for your response, really appreciate your concern and suggestions. Think I will just go to Osaka first and visit castle the next day, I am only saving time of the shorter train ride which I now realize!
by tali (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji Castle with Luggage 2015/3/17 15:48
Think that is a much better plan: Himeji is not far from Osaka, and an enjoyable day rather than a rushed gdrive pasth experience.
Enjoy!!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread