Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokaikan at Ito Onsen 2015/4/21 17:31
Dear all,

I was browsing the pages and saw the Tokaikan
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6316.html

Below on the same page is the Historical Ryokan Hostel K's House Ito Onsen. What a mouth full!

Are they the same place? It looks so similar it is like the same building!

I stayed at Ito at the K house and from what i was told, it is a cultural heritage building. So, are they the same building?
by joshua hugh (guest)  

Re: Tokaikan at Ito Onsen 2015/4/21 19:27
Are they the same place? It looks so similar it is like the same building!

No, K's House occupies the building next door. It is a historic building too, just not the same structure as the Tokaikan.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Tokaikan at Ito Onsen 2015/4/21 22:16
Just confirming that K's House and the Tokaikan are different buildings. However, the are located right next to one another.

The Tokaikan is a quite impressive looking building and makes K's House not look as impressive. However - if K's House was in another location it's quite pretty by itself.

On a side note - K's house is quite cheap and is a fantastic place to stay. I just suggest you pay a little more a get at least a B Level Room so you can have a sitting area that looks onto the river....

PM me if you have any questions about Ito
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Tokaikan at Ito Onsen 2015/4/21 22:17
Just re-reading the thread and I made the same mistake too. If you visit again, note that the different floors have different styles. This is how to tell the difference.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Tokaikan at Ito Onsen 2015/4/22 10:09
I stayed in a room for four where i can attest to the thinness of the wall. Sorry neighboring guests! You might want to choose a more sound insulated room next time.

Thanks for the explanation. I remembered seeing the Tokaikan but it didnt seem open. Always thought it was an annex or another hotel..

thank you!

P.S. really enjoyed the cafe opposite the street. Their coffee jelly was great
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread