Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Place to rest in Narita airport? 2015/4/21 23:49
I will have a one night lay-over in Narita airport. My flight from US arrives 5pm and departs at 1030am next day. Is there any place to rest in the airport? Getting out of the airport will be difficult as I need to get a visa so contemplating on just staying inside so I don't need the hassle of a visa. Btw, I am with my husband and 2 young boys (ages 8 & 5).
by KL Mom (guest)  

Re: Place to rest in Narita airport? 2015/4/22 11:06
The only hotel inside the airport is Narita Airport Rest House: http://www.apo-resthouse.com/english/

by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Place to rest in Narita airport? 2015/4/22 11:27
You can stay in the airport itself if you're brave enough to try something totally Japanese like a capsule hotel. but, I will note, it's not for everyone.

ninehours.co.jp/enI
by lordnikon rate this post as useful

Re: Place to rest in Narita airport? 2015/4/22 13:53
Hmmmm. I think there is a hotel at haneda where you don't need to go through immigration, but for Narita both of the options listed above require you to enter the country.

How difficult are the visas to get versus the cost of getting a better connecting flight?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Place to rest in Narita airport? 2015/4/22 15:27
Thanks for the replies. Getting a Visa needs personal appearance with the Japanese embassy here in KL and I think processing is 5 days. And we are a party of 4. That is why I prefer not to get visa as I will not be going around Japan anyway.
Connecting flight - none other available time. My flight is from the US and Malaysian airlines will definitely fly through Japan and hours are such.
So I need a place to stay where I don't leave immigration in Narita so I don't need a visa anymore.
by KL Mom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Place to rest in Narita airport? 2015/4/22 16:31
Another thing to check - because you mention different airlines: will you be arriving at one terminal and departing from the other?

A quick look at the visa requirements for Malaysian nationals gave this interesting note (shown below) - you might not need a visa if you have a modern e-passport so leaving the airport to a local hotel should be possible.

For nationals of Malaysia (since July 1, 2013), visas are not required only for holders of ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. Those who do not hold such ePassport are advised to obtain a visa in advance, otherwise will be strictly examined and may be refused entry to Japan.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Place to rest in Narita airport? 2015/4/22 18:53
Hi there, I am flying Malaysian Airlines from Honolulu to KL, with Japan layover. So same airline all throughout.
I am a Filipino national living in KL. My husband and kids are Malaysians but their passports are not yet the e-passport... so we will all need Visa to enter Japan. That's why I am just looking at a place to rest inside the airport where I do not need to pass through immigration.
by KL Mom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread