Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need some help with stay and transport info 2015/5/6 22:11
So my search for a tebori master finally resulted in me getting an appointment with someone. Who is it? I'll keep updating my other thread once I get to Japan.

But in the meanwhile, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with a couple of things.

1. Some budget places to stay in and around this address
170-0014 東京都豊島区池袋1-16-36 西山ビル406
170-0014 Toshima-ku, Tokyo Ikebukuro 1-16-36 Nishiyama Bill 406

2. What would be the best way to get to the said address from Narita International Airport?

3. Since this is my first time traveling to Japan, how easy is it to communicate with the people? Is English commonly understood?

Highly appreciate any help.

Cheers
by anirudh412  

Re: Need some help with stay and transport info 2015/5/7 15:49
1. You'll want to be staying at Ikebukuro. That's all you need to know for your research on accommodation in the area. Google is your friend.
2. The fastest way to Ikebukuro station is to take the Keisei Skyliner at the terminal. You'll need to transfer at Nippori Station. Take the Yamanote Line there . The inner loop would be bound for Ikebukuro.
*However, you'll save more than 50% on the fare if you catch a Keisei Main Line Limited Express instead of the Skyliner. But it will take 1.5 hours to your final stop that way.
3. Sorry, English is not spoken in Japan. If you want to be getting around smoothly, it's better to rely on technology than on random people. Better learn some basic Japanese phrases and vocabulary.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Need some help with stay and transport info 2015/5/29 00:47
@faiyez

Thank you for that info. I ended up pushing my trip to Japan to a later date. Gives me more time to research.
by anirudh412 rate this post as useful

Re: Need some help with stay and transport info 2015/5/29 01:17
It easier to get on NEX from Narita airport sta to Ikebukuro sta, a direct express train service. There is one NEX departs for Ikebukuro every 60 min by 15:00, no trains between 15:00 - 18:00, one NEX every 60 mins between 18:00 - 20:00.

Go to the west exit of Ikebukuro sta and then catch a taxi to the tatoo shop.

Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro is a budget hotel in Ikebukuro west side.
http://www.sakura-hotel-ikebukuro.com/
It takes 15 mins between the tatoo shop and sakura hotel, you can walk there if you are a frequent commuter but I don't think you can do so if you are a first time visitor.

Take a written address in Japanese always(both hotel and tatoo shop). Pedestrians won't normally know how to get to the hotel and tatoo shop, they don't normally live there.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Need some help with stay and transport info 2015/5/29 02:38
When you say you are looking for budget places to stay it's better if you post what price range you are looking for.

What I consider a budget place may not be what you consider a budget place to stay.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need some help with stay and transport info 2015/5/29 03:17
The NISHIYAMA Building is a long way from IKEBUKURO station. See Map, below.
http://dickh.zenfolio.com/img/s6/v148/p1211080592-5.jpg
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread