Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Acceptable form of ID? 2015/6/2 09:03
Do most places (i.e. clubs, bars, izakaya, etc.) generally accept a foreign drivers license as a form of ID? I'm skeptical to carry my passport out at night in case I lose it. Would a photocopy work?
by rent150 (guest)  

Re: Acceptable form of ID? 2015/6/2 10:35
Do most places (i.e. clubs, bars, izakaya, etc.) generally accept a foreign drivers license as a form of ID?

Most places do not card at all with the notable exception of clubs such as Womb and AgeHa. They don't say if they accept foreign ID, but an internet search suggest that they might as long as it has your photo and date of birth on it. They explicitly do not accept photocopies.

I'm skeptical to carry my passport out at night in case I lose it. Would a photocopy work?

That's understandable, just be aware that in the unlikely case that you get checked by the police it will be a hassle and you will likely get a ticket even with a photocopy.

See this similar thread:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+126334
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread