Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What week in Tokyo is better? 2015/6/2 10:38
I'm an ALT in Japan and have August off from work. I want to spend a week in Tokyo during my vacation. I was thinking of arriving Monday August 10th and leaving Saturday August 15th. During that time I plan to go to Ueno Park, Tokyo Skytree, Tokyo Tower, Odaiba, and Disney Sea.

However, a friend who had lived in Tokyo for school told me I should go the week after because that week will be very busy, especially at Disney Sea. I do have the next week off too. I could arrive Monday August 17th and leave Saturday August 22nd.

Do these two weeks really differ that much though or does it not matter?
by What week in Tokyo is better (guest)  

Re: What week in Tokyo is better? 2015/6/2 11:27
The week of the 10th is Obon, which is one of Japan's more intense travel seasons. But most people will be leaving Tokyo so it might actually be a good time to visit the city as you'll be moving opposite traffic. But then again, you'll still find the crowds intense at some places, especially Tokyo DisneySea which is best avoided until the following week if possible when it will be a little bit less crowded (but still really crowded). More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2286.html

Disneysea crowd calculator:

http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneysea?lang=en
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: What week in Tokyo is better? 2015/6/2 15:38
yllwsmrf,

Thank you! Wow it looks like all of August will be very busy at Tokyo Disneysea! Except for the 25th, 26th, and 27th. I wonder why those three days will be less busy.

I assume since Obon has a lot of events it is a fun time to visit? As long as you don't mind crowds? It will be my first time in Tokyo, so I would like to attend some events that are going on.

The only crowds I am worried about are at Disneysea.
by What week in Tokyo is better (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread