Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Run of House 2015/6/2 13:59
Hello,

I was 'given' a Run of House room at the time of booking at Daiichi Takimotokan - Noboribetsu. Has anyone experienced the same? What's your review of such?

Thanks.
by Beeeee (guest)  

Re: Run of House 2015/6/2 19:53
" Run of House " means no specific room type.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Run of House 2015/6/2 20:51
Huh - you learn something new every day. I always wanted to know what that meant.

Just confirming that the rooms are nothing special at that hotel - but the onsen is the most impressive (in size and types of water) I have seen in Japan.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Run of House 2015/6/3 10:05
Thanks for your replies. I'm only hoping that it's not a secluded, abandoned & unpleasant corner of the premises. I had written to ask them too and they said it's located within the building (?) a Japanese en suite room without bathtub. I have no issue about not having a bathtub though. Keeping fingers crossed.
by Beeeee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Run of House 2015/6/3 11:10
generally, in ryokan, Japanese-style hotels, there is no bathtub in individual room. guests go to large onsen bath areas in the ryokan.
what they meant in "run of house", is just that you can't choose the room by yourself. sometimes, your room may be close to the bath area (the dining area, or good-viewing, etc. ) or far away from those.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Run of House 2015/6/3 11:42
Given that the ROH prices are ~4000 yen cheaper than standard room prices, you can't really complain if you get a less desirable room. It'll probably not be as bad as you might expect; perhaps you'll be given a room which overlooks the parking lot rather than one with a garden view.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Run of House 2015/6/3 12:05
I've stayed at this hotel twice. Once in a fancy room and the other time in one of the cheaper rooms.

While the more expensive room had a full bathroom and was bigger with a slightly better view, it was definitely not worth the extra money.

It's true that you will probably be in a room which is a fair distance from the onsens, but this is true of most of the rooms as the hotel is quite large.

Just to let you know - I always stay in this hotel for a couple of days when I visit Hokkaido simply because of the onsens.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Run of House 2015/6/3 13:45
I stayed here too and saw a stick insect in my room. Hehe. Even took a photo of it.

I woke at 3 to experience the sunrise only to be told that there is too much onsen smoke for any clear sunrise view! Is this not the land of the rising sun? I try to see as many sunrises/sets as possible.

Instead, I took a cab to Kuttaro Lake. Really circular lake. With fog over water. Like San Fran all over again.

But the onsens are really fun. Though, I heard some say the onsens are Mahoraba are comparable and the meals are way better.

I stayed in the Takimotokan and not the Annex though. Annex requires a longer walk to the onsens, I believe.

Remember about the coach to Sapporo from Takimotokan!
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread