Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka-Nara-Kyoto-Kobe-Nagoya 2015/8/7 00:01
Hi,

We will be in Osaka from 23 Dec to 1 Jan 2016 including 2 adults & 2 children. We will arrive early morning on 23 Dec. Planning to visit Osaka-Nara-Kyoto-Kobe-Nagoya. I will be staying in Osaka throughout my trip in shitennoji.

Any recommendation on day trip to Nara, Kyoto, Kobe & nagoya? I do follow some of the threads. But unable to locate forum for itinerary for day trip.

Should I get JR pass?

We are going to USJ. Is 1 day trip enough?

As our travel period coincide with the holiday season in Japan, any highlights on days not recommended to visit certain place of interest? For USJ, to avoid crowd, which is the best day to visit between 23 to 31 Dec?

Thank you.

by Charlene (guest)  

Re: Osaka-Nara-Kyoto-Kobe-Nagoya 2015/8/7 11:08
One day at USJ is definitely enough if you start in the morning. As it's Christmas time, it might be more crowded than usual with special events. Try to go on a weekday and do not go on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Year's Eve. Christmas is a big time for couples and the park might be a popular date spot.

For the day trips, just design your own itinerary. Use the info pages on this website and pick sights you might like to see in each place, work out where they are in relation to eachother and then plan which order to see them in. One day, or half a day, in Nara is probably enough; for Kyoto you'll want at least two days. If you find you get through Nara in half a day, you can travel to Kyoto to spend the rest of the day there as they are connected by a direct train.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread