Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheapest subway ticket in tokyo? 2015/9/14 07:30
Hi everyone. will be going to Japan this 27 of september. Can anyone help me what to buy subway ticket. I'm on a budget travel. So im considering the cheapest one, since i will only visit tokyo.I have no idea what to buy. Ive searched that JR pass will cover most of japan, so its not really for me. Can anyone help me. I heard there is a tokyo metro subway ticket. i will be staying for 6 days only. i will be staying in urawa station. I want to know what is covered by metro ticket subway? i heard asakusa tokyo tower and tsukiji market are not covered by it, is it true? Thanks alot in advance. :)
by saranghaee  

Re: Cheapest subway ticket in tokyo? 2015/9/14 10:51
Well, this is easy. 6 days on a budget equals to walking and cycling. Tokyo is not as big that you would need to train everywhere.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest subway ticket in tokyo? 2015/9/14 12:57
For in and around Tokyo (Urawa is already outside Tokyo), there isn't any "pass" or general ticket that covers everything and makes economic sense - even for one-day metro pass to pay off, you need to do intensive subway riding on that day. So I suggest you get either PASMO or SUICA prepaid card (no savings, but very convenient) to ride all of JR, Metro, Toei subway, and other private railways' trains.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest subway ticket in tokyo? 2015/9/15 18:18
so youre saying i can just buy suica card? and then just top up whenever i travel? do you think i can save more? rather than buying 3 day ticket?thanks
by kate (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest subway ticket in tokyo? 2015/9/15 19:40
Sorry to say, but Tokyo underground is not about saving. As it was said above there is no any kind of daily ticket which will be suitable for everything as we have in many European countries. So, you can't save, you can just use underground in more convinent way - pre-paid cards are the best way to do it.
by agspb rate this post as useful

reply to this thread