Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/10/28 01:52
There is an abundance of information about the bus routes and the sights but I have not been able to find information in logical order. For example, one site lists the Right Loop places to see in this order; RL8, 14, 5, 6, 9 & 16. Not in order and not all there and just a scant mention of what to see at each bus stop.
Does anyone know of a complete list, in bus stop order, with a description of what to see at each stop?
I have seen dozens of maps, lists, descriptions, etc., but none are organized in any logical order.
by Dick H  

Re: Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/10/28 22:09
Well the truth is that Kanazawa has tons of sights and are all located near each other. To do them all in a day or a single loop is not possible. It is best to slowly proceed as they are near each other and continue where you left off the previous day.
It also depends on your interest.

Use this for a comprehensive list of sights and the bus route
http://www.kanazawa-tourism.com/eng/guide/guide1.php
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/10/29 03:31
That is just more of the same. I have a dozen pages like that. No logical order.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/10/29 10:34
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but their tourism site, you can find a downloadable PDF of bus map that shows the sights and corresponding bus loop...
by Ama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/11/3 04:48
Did you click on the map download on that site?
http://www.hokutetsu.co.jp/bus/e_pamphlet.pdf

This looks logical. Numbers are in place, a name to the stop, etc.
by polaris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/11/3 06:21
That's one of the first ones I saw. I want detailed descriptions of what is at each stop.

Re: Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/11/4 01:42
Oh, that's tough. I don't think I've ever seen one with detailed information all on one page. When I did my research for Kanazawa, I basically read through the tour guide site referenced above and just marked the ones I was interested in on the loop bus map. Even the map my ryokan gave me didn't provide much information on the stops.
by polaris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa Loop Sights 2015/11/4 02:35
Yes, it looks as if I have to take the time to sit down and pour through all the info. and organize it in logical order.
I don't want to be in the center of Kanazawa trying to look at maps and bus routes and trying to figure it all out on the spot. I plan my trips very carefully so as not to waste time doing that.

reply to this thread