Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Has the cherry blossom bloomed in Hirosaki? 2023/4/25 14:26
Travelling to Hirosaki in early May 2023 to see Cherry Blossom bloom however can't work out if we have missed it. Google states the festival is until May 5th.
by Mol (guest)  

Re: Has the cherry blossom bloomed in Hirosaki? 2023/4/25 20:27
https://www.hirosaki-kanko.or.jp/en/edit.html?id=edit02

The somei yoshino trees peaked about April 12/13. May would be well over. Check oit Hokkaido?
by jolinn rate this post as useful

Re: Has the cherry blossom bloomed in Hirosaki? 2023/4/25 20:58
Hello!

I just finished my hakodate trip leg, and am now heading to sapporo.

I can confirm that the sakura on hakodate and goryokaku park are in full bloom, although i estimate that by tomorrow they should be off their peak.

Hakodate park was amazing with the yatai stalls, and my wife had fun with them, although i cant say the same since i knew about the quality of most yatai food. Both parks have lit lanterns in the night. I must say that goryokaku park sakura was indeed one of the best in hokkaido, if not the best. I also visited hokuto hokkiji and its sakura dori, also mori town's aobagaoka and oniushi park. All are in perfect bloom, and i had most fun cycling in hokuto and oniushi park.

I hope my trip in sapporo will be fruitful as well, and i plan to visit moerunuma, nakajima, odori and sapporo park, and otaru temiya park. Hopefully they will yield some nice blooms by now, with the heatwave just arriving in hokkaido today!

As for hirosaki, as of now there are some leftover sakura, although the sakura at the canal should already be gone around 70%.

If you come in may, i strongly recommend that you visit asahikawa, and that is if you manage to arrive in hokkaido early may. Otherwise do check out the phenomenal tulip and shibazakura garden near asahikawa! Cheers and good luck!
by Vincent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Has the cherry blossom bloomed in Hirosaki? 2023/4/25 23:34
Oshit tomorrow sapporo is rainy all day long.

Any good indoor activities for sapporo?

@jolinn thanks for staying with my threads all the time. I decided uoon hokkaido thanks to u

Re: Has the cherry blossom bloomed in Hirosaki? 2023/4/26 07:49
sapporo beer museum? plenty of underground shopping arcades haha. Shiroi Koibioto?
by jolinn rate this post as useful

Re: Has the cherry blossom bloomed in Hirosaki? 2023/4/26 08:03
Naaah i have been to shiroikoibito and it involved walking in open space for the garden, and the way to the factory. Thought i might check the beer garden and sapporo factory.

reply to this thread