Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kurokawa weather in February 2023/9/4 16:04
We are planning to hire a car in Kyushu in February for a few days, and want to stay a night at Kurokawa Onsen. Given that it's still winter, is it usual for there to be snow in the mountains at that time?
Thank you.
by nellucoj (guest)  

Re: Kurokawa weather in February 2023/9/5 08:31
It is very unusual for Kurokawa to see snow, but not impossible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kurokawa weather in February 2023/9/5 13:01
Kurokawa is righ in the edge of Yufuin mountains. Snow can be present. You may need snow tyres depending in other locations visited within Kyushu.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kurokawa weather in February 2023/9/5 16:24
I have to correct myself. There is a considerable probability of snow in Kurokawa in winter. And a high probability of snow on the surrounding mountains. Definitely get winter tires or take public transportation in case there is a possibility of snow and you are not used to winter driving.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kurokawa weather in February 2023/9/6 11:35
For sure stay at an onsen ryokan in or near Kurokawa. Soaking in a hotspring with snow as the backdrop is a wonderful experience.
by doggieluver rate this post as useful

Re: Kurokawa weather in February 2023/9/7 07:50
Deep snow is rare but it may snow to some extent. Winter tyres are mandatory for frozen/icy road.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Kurokawa weather in February 2023/9/7 09:57
Thanks all. I'm thinking we might skip driving in the mountains and keep to the lower roads. We don't have much experience driving in icy conditions, so probably best to avoid altogether.
by nellucoj (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread