Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/23 12:38
I am trying to figure out the route from Kumamoto down south then East to Miyazaki.

Day 1 - Depart Amakusa to Tatsumonjizaka/Ryumon Falls, staying at Kirishima
Day 2 - Still staying Kirishima, going to Ibusuki then back to Kirishima
Day 3 - Moving on to Cape Toi, then Aoshima, staying Miyazaki city.

I am wondering if day 2 should stay in Ibusuki, and next morning taking the Nankyu ferry across and then drive to Cape Toi.

Any way I can shorten the drive for these 3 days? I can extend by another day, or stay at another city.

Also trying to avoid change accommodation too frequently if possible, coz we are already changing 8 hotels for 13 nites stay.

Thanks!
by Apple76  

Re: Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/23 14:13
You can buy southern kyushu pass 3 day = 8000 yen, cover kumamoto, kagoshima, miyazaki prefecture unlimited travel by bus
by Roh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/24 07:34
Yes its a lot of driving. But then you are covering a lot of distances and sights. Thats gonna happen.

I'm gonna assume you have been to Kagoshima before, hence omitting it from your itinerary. But if you haven't before, thats where I would add another day.

Or somewhere along the Nichinan coastline. Lots of sights between Cape Toi and Miyasaki, Aoshima is just one.

Or decide if Ibusuki is really worth it. It really looks like you are just trying to do too much for 3 days.

by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/25 05:12
Sorry to add
You can buy sunQ bus pass southern kyushu area 3 day =8000 yen,unlimited travel
by Roh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/26 00:09
Hi Roh, we will be driving!

Thanks for the replies!
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/26 01:49
It's a lot of driving but by car is the ideal way to get around. Lots to see in the area - I did it by bus about 20 years ago and it was slow and inconvenient. You are missing a few gems in the area though besides Toi and Aoshima. Be sure to go see Udo Jingu and while a bit kitschy, there's Sun Messe with the Easter Island heads. Plus there's the Obi castle ruins and preserved feudal era town.
BTW, many travelers have done what you plan, but they miss out on some other sights further up, like in Hyuga, such as the Sea Cross, Omi Shrine, and Umagase.
Comparatively speaking, I didn't find Miyazaki City to be all that interesting.
If you can, yes, it's worth adding a day.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/26 01:55
Thanks Ken! Yes will also be visiting some of the spots u mentioned like obi castle and umagase, and staying in Hyuga after Ninchinan!

Actually has decided to change the route as keen to see the migrated cranes at Izumi, so will head to Izumi after Amakusa, then down to Ibusuki, nanyu ferry across then to cape toi.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

Re: Kumamoto to Miyazaki 2023/9/26 13:36
The coastal road from Kagoshima to Ibusuki is one of the worst drives in Kyushu for traffic. You might want to hop up onto the Chiran Skyline to avoid the traffic and get some views. You'll at least have a reason for going slow.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread