Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Need English speaking Taxi driver 2023/9/24 11:00
Visiting Aomori and cannot find a taxi company that has an English speaking taxi driver. Can anyone help with an email address of such a taxi company?

Thanks!
by Evrgreen (guest)  

Re: Need English speaking Taxi driver 2023/9/24 16:55
Aomori could be either the prefecture name or the city name. you need to clarify it. the prefecture is too large for covering the whole area by one taxi company.
also, taxi price is under the governmental control. they can't make higher prices, because of speaking capability of English.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need English speaking Taxi driver 2023/9/24 22:11
Thanks for the reply , Ken. It is the city of Aomori our cruise ship will be docking at.

And I wasn't questioning price at all; I am merely looking for a taxi company's email address to contact that has an English speaking driver that we can hire.

There is not much point in me phoning companies all the way from Canada if I don't speak Japanese.

Can you help?
Thanks
by Evrgreen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need English speaking Taxi driver 2023/9/25 02:42
To be honest - I highly doubt that you'll find an English speaking taxi driver in Aomori as most taxi drivers in Japan are old men close to retirement age. I can't actually remember catching a taxi where the driver ever spoke more than rudimentary English.

As such - I think that you will have to alter your expectations for what is available.

After 30 seconds of searching - I came across this website which at least has prices and suggested routes included: https://hk-grp.or.jp/en/publics/index/549/

I don't know this company at all - but it might be a start. Also never underestimate the power of simple Google Translate if you are polite and keep the instructions simple.

Aomori city is an ok location - but not really known for having much to do tourist wise. I do personally like Hirosaki but it is a fair distance from Aomori.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Need English speaking Taxi driver 2023/9/25 03:13
Thanks so much for your help!
by Evrgreen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need English speaking Taxi driver 2023/9/25 08:54
Also on that same site (I did a slightly different search)
https://hk-grp.or.jp/en/publics/index/795/smarts/
Taxi tours in Aomori.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread