Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

IC card charged with credit card? 2023/10/4 03:54
Hello,
I've been to Japan many times and used IC cards a lot but never checked if IC cards can be charged with a credit card. I always charged it with cash. Do you know if they can be charged using a credit card?

Thanks!
by Natzaret  

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2023/10/4 09:44
Hi! I believe that you won't be able to charge your IC card using credit/debit cards at the machines in train stations. However, given that convenience stores also allow for the charging of IC cards, it's likely that you can charge your IC card using credit/debit cards there.

Hope that helps :))
by Mizuno Jun rate this post as useful

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2023/10/4 16:47
I've only put money using a debit card once - when I purchased the card at the airport from one of the machines.

The combini option might be an option - and if anyone knows what to ask in Japanese to do this - it might be helpful....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2023/10/4 20:41
Thank you for your reply!
It would be great if charging with credit card in station machines was possible.
by Natzaret rate this post as useful

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2023/10/4 21:48
IC card charge is one of deposit, not buying somethings. if you use credit cards for it, who pays the handling charge of credit card.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2024/4/8 09:38
When I asked, they said cash only for IC Card charge.
by Chaajii (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2024/4/8 12:52
You can use credit card if youfre using an IC card in Apple Wallet. Thatfs the only exception I know of.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2024/4/8 20:12
Generally no, and there was a thread on this recently. Can also be treated as a cash advance if done via the app. Physical card is certainly not an option.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: IC card charged with credit card? 2024/4/9 01:29
IC cards can only be charged with cash.

Aparently at Narita Airport there is one machine that can use credit cards to charge.
by realadry rate this post as useful

reply to this thread