Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Nohi bus to Shinhotaka Ropeway in Winter? 2023/11/17 21:44
Hi there,

1) Thinking to buy this 5 days pass by basing in Takayama to do day trips to Shirakawago, Shinhotaka Ropeway, Hida-Furukawa for Jan 2024 trip.
2) May I know does Nohi Bus operates during winter (Dec to Feb) to Shinhotaka Ropeway station for the double decker gondola?
3) Checked the Nohi Bus website & it only stated bus timetable from "15 Jul to 27 Aug" + "1 Apr to 30 Nov".
4) Or any other advice on how to get to Shinhotaka Ropeway station from Takayama during winter period?

Thanks you!
by Hweeli  

Re: Nohi bus to Shinhotaka Ropeway in Winter? 2023/11/18 07:30
May I know does Nohi Bus operates during winter (Dec to Feb) to Shinhotaka Ropeway station for the double decker gondola?

Yes, they do.

3) Checked the Nohi Bus website & it only stated bus timetable from "15 Jul to 27 Aug" + "1 Apr to 30 Nov".

Not sure which page you checked when, but when I checked now, the timetable seems available:
https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/route_bus/shinhotaka-line-en/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi bus to Shinhotaka Ropeway in Winter? 2023/11/18 07:35
Thanks Uji. I mis understood the table. Those dates in red are exceptional timings of the year. So rest of the year is in operation.

Btw, fm Takayama to ropeway, do we need to change bus at Hirayu Onsen stop or is a direct bus just that in between there are many stops ? Thanks you.
by Hweeli rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi bus to Shinhotaka Ropeway in Winter? 2023/11/18 07:45
They are direct buses.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nohi bus to Shinhotaka Ropeway in Winter? 2023/11/18 07:45
Great! Thanks you Uji!
by Hweeli rate this post as useful

reply to this thread