Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Time to walk to Platform 23 from NEX 2024/1/27 16:09
I am arriving atTokyo Station on the Narita Express at 9:20am, I need to get to the Shinkansen on Platform 23 to travel to Nagano, this train leaves at 9:32am

Is 12 minutes enough time to walk to Platform 23?
I am roughly aware of how to get there by gong up the escalators to BF1 and following the green shinkansen signs.
by Andrew (guest)  

Re: Time to walk to Platform 23 from NEX 2024/1/28 10:33
Yes, 12 minutes is enough. I've done it in five (running), but normally I would allow 10-minutes for it. A little tight.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Time to walk to Platform 23 from NEX 2024/1/28 18:59
Sounds tight. Assuming you come from the airport I wouldnft book the Shinkansen nor the NEX. Once you are at Narita take the next NEX. That might be the one you are targeting now or before /after depending on your actual arrival.
You can buy the Shinkansen ticket at Narita and buy one that gives you a little bit more time in Tokyo. 12 min May be doable but thatfs for someone who hasnft just completed international travel, has luggage and critically doesnt know Tokyo station. You donft want to start your holiday with stress. And there are many Shinkansen to Nagano. So no need to stress.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Time to walk to Platform 23 from NEX 2024/1/28 21:58
The Ekitan website tells us that even a fast walker should take the 9:44 Asama if the person was to arrive Tokyo at 9:20 on NEX. The 9:44 Asama arrives at Nagano Station at 11:33.

Another option is to take Skyliner 4 arriving Keisei-Ueno at 09:16, and walk to JR Ueno to catch the 09:38 Hakutaka 557 arriving Nagano at 11:03.

I hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread