Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Asuka to Kumano-Nachi Taisha 2024/2/6 03:59
Hi Everyone. I'll be visiting Asuka and would like to take a quick day trip down to Kumano. Can someone please tell me the best train/bus options during Spring/April? Would it be best to go back to Osaka from Asuka and start the journey from there? And after the trip to Kumano, I plan to head NorthEast to Nagoya, if anyone can give the best options for that journey as well.

I greatly appreciate everyone's advice and time.

Cheers!
by Arkatec  

Re: Asuka to Kumano-Nachi Taisha 2024/2/6 14:57
I'll be visiting Asuka and would like to take a quick day trip down to Kumano.

Unfortunately this is one of the most time-consuming route in Japan, so you canft say itfs a quick trip. It will take 5.5-7 (or more) hours one way though the two points are only 90 km apart. You can easily find 3-4 routes on google maps.

Via Tennoji (Abenobashi), Wakayama then JR Kisei-line to Kii-Katsuura and take bus.

Via Kashiwarajingu-mae, Yamato-Yagi, Matsusaka using Kintetsu line and then JR Kiesei line to Kii-Katsuura and take bus.

Via Yoshinoguchi, Wakayama, then JR Kisei-line to Kii-Katsuura and take bus.

Via Gojo then bus to Shingu (very long ride, not expressway bus) going through the Kii mountains and the JR line to Kii-Katsuura and then take bus.

Depending the departure time, Google map will tell you different routes. Which is better depends on your preferences.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Asuka to Kumano-Nachi Taisha 2024/2/6 19:01
Both Asuka and Kumano a relatively remote locations. Did you consider renting a car ?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Asuka to Kumano-Nachi Taisha 2024/2/7 00:46
Thanks everyone! I will research these new options.
by Arkatec rate this post as useful

reply to this thread