Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Zao Onsen - Tattoo Friendly Ryokan? 2024/2/18 22:11
Hi all.

I'm looking to find a ryokan which will offer an onsen that is tattoo friendly. Preferably a pretty, outdoor private onsen.

Is anyone able to recommend somewhere? Failing that just an onsen that fits the bill would be welcome.
by Jami3rez  

Re: Zao Onsen - Tattoo Friendly Ryokan? 2024/2/21 12:20
Sorry I can't comment on the tattoo specifics of the onsens at Zao. However there are 3 public onsens and 2 paid onsens in the town. I have only visited the public onsens and whilst i don't have any ink I think you'd be ok as they are relatively quiet and more visited by locals.
The paid onsens are likely to have a no tattoo policy. These are more visited by tourists.

Most of the accommodation there do have onsens but these are usually shared by the guests. To get a private one will mean staying at a ryokan/hotel that is very expensive such as Takamiya Rurikura Resort - super expensive, but there are other accomodations that may also offer a private onsen. Best bet would be to check with booking sites regarding the inclusion of private onsens as part of the booking/facilities. Alternatively email the accommodation directly (using google translate) to inquire.

sorry probably not too much help but hopefully you can find what you're looking for
by IamCornholio rate this post as useful

reply to this thread