Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

What would you do in Awa Odori 2024/2/29 21:35
So, I plan to visit Awa Odori,

I first thought about staying in Takamatsu and pick last train which leaves Tokushima at 22:00 and sleep in Takamatsu city, cheap stay around 25 € per head.

But now I found Tokushima acommodation but is 100 € per head, I am hesitant to pay so much, specially because next day I go to Kobe and from Takamatsu might be closer.

So, do you think if I stay until 21:30 I will enjoy Awa Odori or is way better I overnight? at what time do the events start?

Thanks
by Peter1986  

Re: What would you do in Awa Odori 2024/3/1 00:51

do you think if I stay until 21:30 I will enjoy Awa Odori
Stay the night if you could ( that was what we did a few years ago ), otherwise, by 21:30 you would have seen plenty.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What would you do in Awa Odori 2024/3/1 01:13
I'd personally splash the cash, gives you more freedom to explore the atmosphere, less travelling if tired etc. It's only a big price difference for one night.
However, everyone's budget is different.
by Denis C rate this post as useful

Re: What would you do in Awa Odori 2024/3/1 02:25
True, is maybe once in a lifetime, and the acommodation it is just 20 min by foot from main Tokushima station and close to another JR station, I think I will go to Tokushima, also thought that last train to Takamatsu will be supercrowded.
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: What would you do in Awa Odori 2024/3/1 03:11
I found Tokushima acommodation but is 100 € per head

Mmmh, for your specific date, I can see a twin room at ~15,000 (7,500/pax) at a Toyoko inn in Tokushima, that's less than 100€ for 2 people with the current exchange rate. It doesn't show on aggregator sites, but you can book direct. (I stayed in one of their Tokyo hotels, it was ok.)
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: What would you do in Awa Odori 2024/3/1 03:25
Woops my bad, ignore my previous message, it's full :<
by Mellye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread