Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Calling a taxi from more rural areas 2024/3/5 09:33
Hi,
We are going to do the Kiso valley trail from Magome to Tsumago as a day trip from Nagoya next month.
We plan to go there by bus to Magome in the morning and back by train from Nagiso.
I know there is a bus from Tsumago to Nagiso but if we miss it we would have to take a taxi to Nagiso station.
That is a very stupid question but how do you call a taxi from Tsumago?
Do taxi apps like Go work in more remote areas like that? Or do you have to give a taxi company a phone call? But in that case would they have an English line?
Any advice would be appreciated :)
by MiniPudding  

Re: Calling a taxi from more rural areas 2024/3/6 07:18
At l Ast in Magome I remember a taxi stop. I’d think there is one in Tsumago as well. Both villages get their fair share of tourists so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find the local taxi company’s parking lot.
Otherwise maybe the local tourist office can help you with calling one by phone.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Calling a taxi from more rural areas 2024/3/6 08:44
BTW - the walk from Tsumago to Nagiso is not very long and pretty easy. You could probably do that faster than waiting for the bus if a taxi is not nearby.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Calling a taxi from more rural areas 2024/3/6 12:56
The last bus departs Tsumago at 17:41.

https://en.nagiso.jp/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/ぶらりなぎそ(英語サイト).pdf

Tsumago to JR Nagiso station is 4.2 km.

There is a taxi stand at Tsumago, and a taxi company nearby.

https://kantaku.her.jp/wp/自己紹介/

I don’t think there is a fluent English speaker on the phone, but if you speak very slowly using simple words, they will understand what you are saying.

"I want to go to Nagiso station."
"I am now at Tsumago taxi stand."

Or you may better go to their office which is less than 100 m away from the taxi stand. You can say more simply.

"Nagiso station."

I don't think you will miss the 17:41 bus by the way.

Enjoy your trip!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Calling a taxi from more rural areas 2024/3/6 12:58

You could probably do that faster than waiting for the bus if a taxi is not nearby.

We did exactly that. Arriving at Tsumago , we found no taxi and no bus. Unsure how long we ought to wait, and we did not want to miss our train, we marched on to Nagiso , probably took about 30 mins?
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread