Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Day trip to Kamikochi from Takayama mid May 2024/3/13 05:50
Hi all. We hope to take 8 am bus from Takayama to Kamikochi so 9:30 ish arrival. What do we do to make sure we get a return bus ticket for return since it can't be reserved?

Also, any favorite walks that we should focus on? Hope to be back to Takayama station by 4:30 or 5 so we can enjoy onsen at our ryokan before dinner. Is is best to bring a packed lunch so we don't waste time waiting on line for lunch?

Any other hints or suggestions appreciated for this day. Thanks

by Plambers  

Re: Day trip to Kamikochi from Takayama mid May 2024/3/14 07:12
We had the same time constraint as you do, in November a few years ago. We aimed for a 4pm arrival at our onsen ryokan and opted for the Dakesawa hike. It was easy with relatively nice views. Not the best, from what I saw in pictures, but I don't think we could have done something more challenging with only 5-6 hours. Plus, the winter came early that year, there was snow at the end of the trail, and we didn't have the proper gear to go to higher elevation. I had sprained my ankle two weeks before and was still recovering so, that slowed us down as well :/

https://thejapanalps.com/en/activities/southernalps/course-02/

The hut was closed at the time, so we had to bring our own food. You should pack something to eat for lunch in any case! I would not do any hike without bringing enough food or water for at least one day, you never know if something will happen... On that trail in particular, I think we just met 3 other hikers.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread