Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/15 16:39
Hello,

I understand that to ride Meitetus uSky First Class, I can reserve the ticket online. But how or where do I buy this regular ticket in lieu of the First Class ticket? If I reserve the First Class ticket first online, do I have to pick the same seats on the regular train ticket when I get there?

Can the regular ticket be reserved in advance?

Please help. Thanks.
by Minty Box  

Re: Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/16 12:17
The "regular ticket" is more commonly called the "base fare ticket", while the First Class ticket is needed to ride on a reerved seat in the First Class.

Most people these days will use an IC card, such as Suica, Manaca or Toica, to pay for the base fare, but it is also possible to buy a paper ticket instead.

Seat reservations can be made only for First Class cars.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/16 12:25
Hello,

I still have my ICOCA Card, that should work right? So ICOCA or purchase base ticket to pass through ticket gate? Then show First Class Ticket to train conductor?

When exiting, just use ICOCA or put base fair ticket ?

So the First Class Ticket isn't a physical ticket or needed to enter or exit Ticket Gate?

Thanks
by Minty Box rate this post as useful

Re: Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/16 12:30
I still have my ICOCA Card, that should work right?

Yes, you can use ICOCA to pay for the base fare.

So ICOCA or purchase base ticket to pass through ticket gate?

Yes.

Then show First Class Ticket to train conductor?

On most trains these days you don't get asked to show your reserved seat ticket. The conductor usually asks only people to show their ticket who sit in a seat that is not supposed to be occupied. But I am not sure about the specific situation with Meitetsu.

When exiting, just use ICOCA or put base fair ticket ?

Just use ICOCA.

So the First Class Ticket isn't a physical ticket or needed to enter or exit Ticket Gate?

My understanding is that Meitetsu's First Class tickets can be bought either on the internet as an e-ticket or as a paper ticket at a station. In either case, there is no need to show the First Class ticket at the ticket gates.

Re: Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/16 13:47
Thank you. I think I will just buy the First Class ticket from machine when I arrive because of uncertainties. I appreciate the kind help from the community.

I can use ICOCA for Nagoya Bus and Nagoya Lines like (Higashima Line)?
ICOCA okay for JR Nagoya Station & Nagoya Meisetsu trains?

Thanks

Re: Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/16 14:04
I can use ICOCA for Nagoya Bus and Nagoya Lines like (Higashima Line)?
ICOCA okay for JR Nagoya Station & Nagoya Meisetsu trains?

Yes, ICOCA can be used on virtually all local buses, trains and subways in and around Nagoya.

Re: Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/16 15:45
Thank you very much. Does the Nagoya Meitetus / Jr Nagoya station have elevators? Most exits are stairs and right after the subway. Where do I locate the elevator? I have luggage, so how do I find my exit? Take elevator then look?

I use Google Maps and I am wondering how I can confirm which direction the train is going? I know about the platform, but there are 2 diff't directions. How can I match my Google Maps info to the signs?

Thanks.

Re: Nagoya (Meitetsu Train) Regular + First Class 2024/3/16 17:49
Thanks. We are older folks and have luggage. We research and many hotel is 5-10 minutes away from the Station. Do you have recommendations on how to arrive from hotel when we arrive at the Nagoya Station?

What Taxi App can we use if we encounter a need for it?

Thanks again.

reply to this thread