Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Collection of reserved JR West Tickets 2024/3/18 12:28
I'm confused by the JR West website and can't find the answer. Is it possible to pick up a reserved JR West Ticket from Takayama?

At this stage I am not going to go from the airport to a bus and won't have much time to collect the ticket in advance. But, I'd like to reserve the ticket as I'm planning to go from Takayama to Kyoto during the spring festival and I don't want to miss out on a seat.
by SabApril (guest)  

Re: Collection of reserved JR West Tickets 2024/3/18 16:50
It depends on the type of tickets.

If it is a regular ticket (as opposed to a pass-related reservation), then Takayama is listed as a station where tickets can be picked up in case that the ticket to be picked up includes a train within the JR Central service area, e.g. a train from Takayama:
https://railway.jr-central.co.jp/station-guide/_pdf/e5489info.pdf

Look for the machine with the "5489" "JR-WEST ONLINE TRAIN RESERVATION" logo on it.

But if it is a pass-related reservation or the ticket does not include a train in the JR Central service area, then it seems impossible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Collection of reserved JR West Tickets 2024/3/18 18:50
Thanks Uji!

My travel plan doesn't make a regional pass worthwhile. So I am planning to book the limited Hida from Takayama to Kyoto as a regular ticket.

I'll be travelling during the Takayama Spring Festival so I thought I should book in advance just in case. If I can collect a reserved ticket from the station that is great.
by SabApril (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread