Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/8 18:45
Hello! I am trying to get some tips about how to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu. I was checking the car rental options but the procedure to get my driving license converted (IDP) is quite long and I was wondering it was worth it for just one day car rental. Would you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot
by Alessandra (guest)  

Re: How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/9 07:45
From Beppu to Takachiho gorge
First Go to JR beppu st to JR nobeoka station
Then kyushu sanko bus to takachiho gorge
Hayahito ,funenoo,seiunkyo city on the way
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/9 08:35
Car would be you best option.

Yes public transport options are available. Bit comes with just as many challenges as IDP.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/11 12:30
Exactly what kind of drivers license do you have (what nationality)? In some countries (USA and I think Canada) it takes about 10 minutes to get an IDP. I would be surprised if it was very complicated, but it might be where you live. If you post your nationality, maybe someone can offer a suggestion. Having your own car can make things much simpler in many places.
by Jo Mama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/12 01:08
I have an Italian driving license and the whole process is really painful:( it may take up to one week plus lots of bureaucracy. That's why I would have happily opted for an alternative solution, but thanks a lot to all of you for your kind feedback!
by Alessandra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/12 01:30
I am kind of curious why it is that you want to go to Takachiho, knowing that it is not easy to get there. I have noticed that it is a place that seems to have a particularly strong attraction for tourists, and I have always wondered why. Is it photographs of the gorge that make you want to go there? Or something else? I have been to Kyushu quite a few times but have never been to Takachiho (I suppose largely because it is so hard to get to with public transportation, and renting a car is never going to be an option for me) but am wondering if maybe I am missing somethingc
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/12 05:45
@Kim
I havenft been either but I thought it was the dance that brings people to this far flung location . At least thatfs why I want to go
https://www.town-takachiho.jp/top/kanko_bunka/yokagura/805.html
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: How to reach Tamachiho gorge from Beppu? 2024/4/12 06:01
I see. Looks interesting! The gorge ainft half bad, either, but I was wondering if there was something else.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread