Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/14 11:20
Is it possible to walk from the Shinagawa Prince side of Shinagawa Station through to the Shinagawa Intercity side without a ticket of some sort?

We did this some years ago but I have a vague recollection of using our JR Pass at some point.

My memory fails me......

Thank you
by AusTF  

Re: Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/14 12:48
Yes, about 20 years ago it became possible to cross the station from one side to the other without ticket.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/14 13:00
Thanks Uji
Aged brain here: clearly at some point we needed to use our JR Pass but not for a while
many thanks again

by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/14 18:09

Is it possible to walk from the Shinagawa Prince side of Shinagawa Station through to the Shinagawa Intercity side without a ticket

There are only two exits, Takanawa (west) and Konan (east) in Shinagawa station.
I have visited the station in the past 20 years, but could not recall having to use a ticket or pass to cross the station.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/14 18:24
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/15 08:20
After some research: the first "east-west free passageway" was opened at Shinagawa Station in 1998. It took its current form in 2003, when the shinkansen started to stop at Shinagawa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/15 19:09
Getting from one side to the other is very easy - no need to enter the paid area. There is a huge passage-way you can use.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Walking through Shinagawa station 2024/4/15 19:22
Thank you everyone.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread