Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Mistake 2024/4/15 10:24
Hello. By accident I did make a mistake in one of my bookings. In stead of booking a hotel in Aomori I booked one in Morioka. Donft know how. Jet lag?
I am here for three days and leaving on Thursday to Hakodate . Any one who has some tips. I do have the rail pass. Besides the mistake I do have a fantastic time in Japan thanks to the tips I got here.
by GJ (guest)  

Re: Mistake 2024/4/15 14:38

Are you not able to cancel ?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake 2024/4/15 15:11
Morioka is a great base for visiting a wealth of destinations around the northern and central Tohoku Region, especially if you have a rail pass that allows for travel along the shinkansen lines. Possible destinations that can be easily visited from Morioka include Hiraizumi, Kakunodate, Akita, Aomori, Hirosaki, Tono, Hachimantai, Towada and Hakodate (if the Hokkaido Shinkansen is also covered by your pass).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake 2024/4/15 15:33
I guess your destination is Hirosaki (to see cherry blossom) and of course there seems to be no vacancy in Hirosaki or even Aomori. Fortunately Tohoku shinkansen from Morioka to Sihn-Aomori seems to have vacant seat so you can book it with your pass. Probably the hotel booking site suggest you the hotel in Morioka since it was the nearest hotel available at that time. By the way you will hit the best time for the cherry blossom in Hirosaki castle.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake 2024/4/15 17:19
I would like to thank both of you for your suggestions. I just reserved the train for kakunadate for tomorrow. And Wednesday to Aomori. Thanks again. Thursday I will go on to Hokkaido.
by GJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake 2024/4/15 19:40
Oh, you are the guy with 21 day Japan Rail Pass? How was Yoshino?

Hirosaki seems to be good timing. Some trees are too early though.

https://twitter.com/HIROSAKIPARK_JP/status/1779726516844425453

Kakunodate seems to be also good.

https://weathernews.jp/sakura/spot/3202/

Enjoy your trip!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake 2024/4/15 20:42
Yes I am the one. I am the one who is so happy with all your suggestions. I went very early to yoshino. When I finished the walk up hill and came back it was overcrowded. Ik did like naoshima a lot and also Takayama. Kyoto was for me but thatfs very personal much to busy. Overcrowded. But no complaints. We should share the beauty of this Planet 🌎. I am really impressed by the service of this forum. Enjoy you evening.
by GJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mistake 2024/4/15 22:58

On the way to Kakunodate, I highly you visit Kitakami for the Tenshochi Cherry Blossom Festival ( best viewing according to today's report). You will have plenty of time to vist both Kitakami and Kakunodate tomorrow.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread