Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

JR Kansai Area Pass voucher? 2024/5/1 00:37
Hello, I will be traveling to japan in may, and I wanted to use JR Kansai Area Pass.
If you buy it online, are they sent you electronic voucher with qr code on email, and then you can exchange it on airport for a pass? Or they ship you a psychical copy of the voucher, witch have to be first delivered to your staying place before trip?

Also it is posible to buy JR Kansai Area Pass on Osaka airport without a voucher, the same day I arrive?
by JapanPass (guest)  

Re: JR Kansai Area Pass voucher? 2024/5/1 10:26
Visit the JR West website and read the how-to-purchase section of that pass. It is well explained.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Area Pass voucher? 2024/5/1 23:37
Thanks for not answering my questions @H. Don't need smartass here.
I have dubts, that's why Im asking people who were already useing it. Simple answer with yes or no is enough for me, really.

Im asking people who were already useing the pass and can confirm you get QR code on mail and that's all you need to exchange it for pass, not some archaic paper voucher, that some sources sugest. Im travel in a week so it's obvious, that only online transactions that count, and don't want to go through refund process if I am wrong.

Also can I buy it on the airport without problem as a last minute resort if I not ordered it beforehand. Simple answer yes or no is enough really.
Thanks.
by JapanPass (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Area Pass voucher? 2024/5/2 06:32
To pick up a pass purchased via the JR West website, you will 1) receive a 5-digit reservation number and 2) set a 4-digit identification number. Then you will need these two and your credit card and your passport to pick up the pass in Japan. If you have an IC-card equipped passport, you can do so at selected ticket machines, otherwise you do it at selected ticket offices.

It is explained here:
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai/

The pass cannot be purchased at stations anymore.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: JR Kansai Area Pass voucher? 2024/5/6 14:22
Ok, thank you for your answer. :)
by JapanPass (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread