Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shibuya to Akihabara? 2011/6/1 02:41
Trying to find the fasteset route. How about the JR Yamanote Line to the Oedo Line to the JR Line? Let me add the least expensive/fastest way :-)
by John (guest)  

Try this 2011/6/1 12:39
Have you tried this site?
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

Answers all your questions.
by Kamal (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/6/1 12:42
Have you used http://www.hyperdia.com ?

I'm not a local so there might be some other tricks, but it seems to suggest that using Yamanote to Yoyogi and then switching to the JR Sobu Chuo line will be quickest and cheapest. I think sometimes going Shibuya via Yamanote to Shinjuku then via JR Chuo to Ochanomizu, then JR Sobu Chuo to Akihabara might shave a minute or two off.

Another slightly slower and more expensive option would be Tokyo Metro Ginza line to Shimbashi then JR Yamanote to Akihabara.

I assume you mean to JR Akihabara station, you could probably get to Suehirocho station (via Ginza line) also if that is closer to where you want to go.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

. 2011/6/1 12:45
Shibuya to Yoyogi on JR Yamanote line. Yoyogi to Akihabara on JR Sobu-Chuo line.

20 minutes. One transfer. You might find another route that shaves a minute or two off that but that would be about it.

by snooch (guest) rate this post as useful

Ginza line 2011/6/1 13:04
I live in Shibuya and I find it more convinient to go with the Ginza line to Suehirocho station, which is also directly at Akihabara.

JR Yamanote line takes 26 minutes from Shibuya to Akihabara.

Ginza line takes 23 minutes from Shibuya to Suehirocho.

Another factor which should be considered is that the Yamanote line often gets very full. Although the same applies to the Ginza line sometimes, it starts in Shibuya and normally it is therefore easy to get a seat.
by CityHunter1981 rate this post as useful

reply 2011/6/1 22:10
I haven't heard of those sites thanks!! Can always count on everyone here!
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/6/2 00:48
I personally wouldn't worry about all the transferring and messing around, because that could end up taking longer if you miss a connection or the stations are busy or you don't know your way around.

Either go straight around the Yamanote or take the Ginza line. Positive of the Ginza line is that Suehirocho is actually more in the middle of Akihabara than the JR station, and it's also easy to get lost from the JR station for first timers.
by Hmm (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2011/6/2 05:32
Shibuya to Suehirocho via Ginza Line is not bad, but if your final destination is near JR Akiba, just take the Yamanote Line.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/6/2 11:22
If you just want to get to Akihabara, I also recommend using the Ginza line from Shibuya Station to Suehirocho Station.

Suehirocho Station is right on Chuo Dori, walk strait down to Akihabara Station with all the stores etc, you can see it on google maps.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

yamanote 2011/6/2 23:09
just take the yamanote, it's nearly as fast as the fastest route, and only costs 190yen.

your trip will end up being longer if you take any other route including the subways since walking around the subway stations takes longer than the yamanote does, plus you don't know the station layouts so you're almost certain to miss your intended connecting train.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread