Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Itinerary 2011/7/14 20:26
Hi, I really need help making a 51/2 days itinerary traveling around kansai. I have no idea which places to visit on which days.

My accommodation is in Kyoto :)

Onegai!
by lastmockingbird  

Gooday! 2011/7/15 13:42
what time of year, what do you like (temples/walks/nature/cities/shopping/food), and are you a slow traveller or do you like to pack it in?
Personally I dont get much more than one big thing done in a day, so I'd say what might be ok is arashiyama/sagano one day, Kiyomizu and associated walks into Gion one day, Nara one day (most people would do fushimi inari the same day, I personally could spend the full 5 1/2 days in Nara), maybe Kinkakuji/Ginkakuji and philosopher's path one day, central Kyoto (Nijo, markets etc) one day, that doesnt get you to Mount Koya or Osaka or Kobe, or Otsu (good shopping there)
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/7/15 18:42
I don't know what your travel pace is like, but for fast pace:

1) Kyoto for 2 days:
Part a:
Western & Northern Kyoto(no particular order)
Kinkakuji
Ryoanji
Shugakuin
Kokedera
Arashiyama, etc
(we actually did that plus Gion and Kiyomizudera in a day. We're warp speed travellers... ahem. It was a highly planned day)

Part b:
Eastern, Southern & central Kyoto(again, no particular order):
Nijo Castle
Fushimi Inari
Kiyomizudera
Nishiki market
Gion
Pontocho, etc

2) Nara, then a visit to Osaka in the evening to Dotombori for dinner and a wander. Leave Kyoto early.

3) Koyasan. Leave Kyoto early.

4) Hiroshima/Miyajima, via Himeji (well, no, it's not Kansai but it's only 2 hours away by shinkansen. We did it that way, so I know it's busy, but doable. I'd really recommend it if you haven't been there). Leave Kyoto early.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

. 2011/7/18 21:48
Hi, so I'm spending 5 days in Kansai area. I plan to spend 2 days touring around Kyoto, 2 days in Osaka, then 1 in Nara.

Can you help me pick out specific places to go.

Also, this is really my first time to make an itinerary for and by myself.

I'm listing down places I want to go but since I don't have a map, I dunno how to go there from Kyoto station. Is this a problem???

I'm worried...
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

Fellow traveler itinerary 2011/7/18 23:38
Hi, I am in a similar position too. I will be in touring the Kansai region by myself too. My itinerary is like this.
Day 1 Tour Nagoya ( Not really in Kansai but very close.) 1 night in Osaka hotel
Day 2 Tour Hiroshima/ Miyajima Island. (take shinkansen to Hiroshima)
Day 3 Nara (full day in Nara)
Day 4 Kyoto (full day in kyoto)
Day 5 Osaka (most of day in osaka, the depart for home)
I will be using the Willer express Bus Pass to get back and forth between cities, except when I use the Shinkansen to Hiroshima.
I'll stay 2 nights in Kyoto.
by Calla147 (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/7/19 00:01
cool to know! But don't you have a detailed list of places you will visit at which time of the day?
by lastmockingbird rate this post as useful

Full itinerary 2011/7/19 00:27
Day 1 Nagoya
Morning tour Toyota Car Factory
Afternoon Nagoya Castle, Oasis 21
Bus to Osaka

Day 2 Hiroshima/Miyajima
Mid Morning Shinkansen/transfer to Miyajima island
late afternoon take ferry from Miyajima to Hiroshima peace park, see memorials/ a-bomb museum. Night bus to Kyoto.

Day 3 Nara
Full day in Nara,
See Kofukuji and Todaiji Temples in Nara Park, also see Nara National Museum
Check-in to hotel in Kyoto.

Day 4 Kyoto
See Kinkakuji/ Nijo castle in morning.
Afternoon go to Kiyomizudera temple, walk Higashiyama trail to Yakasa shrine and Gion. See show at Gion Corner

Day 5 Osaka
Morning Osaka Castle and River Cruise.
Afternoon Dotonbori/ Amerikura Area
Leave for home at night.
I hope this gives some idea. You can see more temples and places in Kyoto and Osaka and Nara.
by Calla147 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread