Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt. Fuji huts 2011/7/17 17:26
Hi everyone,
I'm going to climb Mt. Fuji with a friend on the 26th-27th of August. We're planning on the Subashiri Route.
I tried calling some huts to reserve places for the night but got hung up whenever I asked for an English speaker person (In Japanese) or even when I spoke Japanese but asked them to speak a bit slower. (For the record, some were okay with that but they were full)

Any tips on how to communicate with the huts? We really need to reserve places...
Thanks in advance!
by ACG (guest)  

huts 2011/7/18 14:24
The only hut that I was able to get a reservation was the Taishikan on the Kawaguchiko route. Taishikan might be the only English speaking hut...

One thing I also noticed when I was climbing was that once I reached the 8th station area, The energy bars I had been eating kicked in and I felt like I could start running up the mountain...but because I stayed in a hut the energy I had disappeared and it was much harder to climb now.

depending on how good of shape you are in, you may not need to stay at a hut.
by ramen ninja rate this post as useful

reply to this thread