Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

One-way Hakone Free Pass 2011/7/17 21:36
Hi all, I have went through a lot of the Hakone Free Pass threads and websites but couldn't find my answer.

I plan to take the Gotemba Liner to Gotemba PO for quick shopping, then buy my Hakone Free Pass at Gotemba so that I can travel to my Ryokan and then go for sight-seeing using the free pass.

I understand that if I buy the free pass from Shinjuku it includes a round-trip on Odakyu Railway. I'm just wondering if I buy the Y3900 free pass at Gotemba, will it cover my train ride from Odawara back to Shinjuku?

Also, anyone know where exactly in Gotemba is the free pass being sold? Gotemba I.C., Gotemba Station or?

Thank you very much. m(__)m
by Yuu (guest)  

.. 2011/7/18 13:27
I don't think you can buy the pass in Gotemba...
by tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/7/18 13:44
I'm just wondering if I buy the Y3900 free pass at Gotemba, will it cover my train ride from Odawara back to Shinjuku?

No. The Yen 3,900 version is for different modes of transport just "within" Hakone. So you will need to pay for the Odakyu ride back to Shinjuku separately.

Also, anyone know where exactly in Gotemba is the free pass being sold? Gotemba I.C., Gotemba Station or?

I cannot find any location in Gotemba where they sell this. Probably because Odakyu line does not serve Gotemba itself. You might want to check with Odakyu Shinjuku station or a travel agency in Tokyo and get the Pass in advance. You can specify the date, and you can specify that you want just the 3,900 yen version.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/7/18 15:35
The pass used to be available through a taxi company at Gotemba Station, but the point of sale has disappeared from list of points of sale. So, it seems that it cannot be purchased in Gotemba.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks guy! 2011/7/18 19:29
I see... Thanks everyone for the responses! Now I can plan the trip better. I might not even buy the pass altogether. Though I believe it saves a lot trouble of buying tickets and all.
by Yuu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread