Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to stay in Tokyo 2011/9/3 07:12
Hi,

Where is the best place to stay in Tokyo during the new year period, from 23rd December to the 2nd January, the'Khaosan Tokyo Ninja'in Nihonbashi-Bakurocho or the 'Shinjuku Kuyakushomae Capsule Hotel' in Shinjuku?

Also where is the most popular place to be in Tokyo during the New years?

Thanks

by YFOIL77  

... 2011/9/3 10:56
10 nights in a capsule? I would definitely prefer the Khaosan Tokyo Ninja.

Also where is the most popular place to be in Tokyo during the New years?

The large shrines and temples, especially Meiji Shrine, are very popular during the New Year holidays. Furthermore, the modern shopping and entertainment centers such as Odaiba and Roppongi Hills, and theme parks such as the Tokyo Disney Resort, are very popular and crowded.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/4 08:08
Thanks for your reply,

I am already going to stay at the Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki, Kyoto and Fukuoka and thought that I should try out the Shinjuku Capsule Hotel as it is relatively cheap and unique. How long is the journey by Tokyo Metro from Nihombashi to Shinjuku and Shibuya?

Is there a fee to visit the Tokyo Tower on New Years Eve?

Thanks

by YFOIL77 rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/4 08:41
How long is the journey by Tokyo Metro from Nihombashi to Shinjuku and Shibuya?

20 minutes to Shibuya by Hanzomon Line
20 minutes to Shinjuku by the Ginza and Marunouchi Lines via Akasaka Mitsuke.

I think there is always a fee to enter the tower. Have you heard differently somewhere?
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2011/9/7 06:37
I think there is always a fee to enter the tower. Have you heard differently somewhere?

I read on one of the websites that there is a fee to enter the tower, but not sure whether this applies to all the spectators.

by YFOIL77 rate this post as useful

New Year's Eve 2011/9/7 10:57
If your objective is to SEE Tokyo Tower, I suggest going to Zojyoji temple. You can see the tower from there and there is a lot of activity. They have a large bonfire where they burn the old wooden grave markers. At midnight, they strike the huge bell 108 times, and they let foreigners line up to ring it, once per person.
There is lots of food and merriment. It's a great way to spend New Years Eve.
Take the Mita subway to SHIBA KOEN station, go out Exit A4.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread