Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Trip Itinary 2011/9/9 21:46
Hi guys,

I'm going to Japan next month and have sorted out most of my itinary. Just wanted to find out though if it looks alright and if anyone could give advice on some of the day trips i'm looking to do? or other places recommend visiting?

Tokyo Oct13th to 19th
Go around all the main sights in Tokyo for a few days and go to a few of the clubs at night.
I'm looking to do a day trip to Nikko on monday the 17th to see the festival and either Lake Kawaguchi or Hakone on the tuesday.

Arima Onsen 19th to 20th
Staying overnight at the Arima Grand Hotel to enjoy the onsen and relax.
Looking to grab a Kobe steak in Kobe. Anyone able to recommend a place to try in during lunch time?

Fukuoka 20th to 23rd
In Fukuoka i'll be going to Ohori Park, Momochi Seaside Park, Fukuoka tower, Fukuoka Dome Stadium.
I want to visit Nagasaki on a day trip. I also want to visit Kumamoto or Kagoshima but i can't make my mind up of which one to visit..............
Nagasaki - Visit Battleship Island(Gunkanjima), Nagasaki Peace Park, Mount Inasa, Dutch Slope and Sofukuji temple.

Hiroshima 23rd to 25th
Going to visit the peace park, castle, Hondori and grab some Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki.
Next day get up early and head to Miyajima and tour around the island checking out all the sites.

Kyoto 25th to 28th
Go to the south of Kyoto and visit the Fushimi Inari Shrine, Toji, Sanjusangendo, Kyoto Tower and Tofukuji Temple.

Wednesday -
Head to Arashiyama and then over towards the Golden Pavilion area. Go to The Toei Uzumasa Eigamura(Kyoto Studio Park), Ninnaji Temple and Pagoda, Ryoanji Temple and Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion).

Thursday -
Will visit the eastern part of Kyoto and go to Higashiyama District, Kiyomizudera, Kodaiji Temple, Ginkakuji(silver pavilion) and Nanzenji temple.

Osaka 28th to 30th
Visit Osaka Castle, Shitennoji Temple, Umeda Sky Building, Namba / Dotonbori area.
Saturday go to Nara and walk over to Nara Park, Todaiji Temple, Kofukuji Temple, Kasuga Taisha Shrine, Horyuji Temple, Yakushiji Temple, Heijo Palace, Naramachi (Nara Town) and Isuien Garden.

Tokyo 30th to 3rd of Nov

Sunday - Get early Shinkansen and go to Kawasaki Halloween Parade on 30th.
Monday - Visit Kamakura and see the Great Buddha, Hasedera Temple, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Jufukuji Temple and Kamakura Beach.
Tuesday - Go to Yokohama and visit the Ramen Museum, port and chinatown.
Wednesday - Visit Narita town and then catch flight home at night.

Any feedback would be great. Also if anyone is in any of these places and fancies having a beer some where then please just give me a shout :)

Thanks.
by Hugh from Scotland  

Fushimi & Tofukuji 2011/9/10 01:02
Those are two of my favorite Kyoto places and I have been there many times. I suggest going in this order. Fushimi-Inari, Tofukuji, Sanjusan & Toji. You might have time in the evening for Kyoto Tower.
If you want detailed maps and info.let me know. Just click my name to send a message.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Ta 2011/9/11 22:14
Cheers there Dick. I think i'll try change to doing those mate. Would you be able to recommend any good places for eating and drinking out in Kyoto? I've been trying to check on a few different websites but would be nice to find out any personal favourites.
by Hugh from Scotland rate this post as useful

reply to this thread