Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggested 3-day itinerary for Hakone in Dec 2011/10/19 12:37
We plan to use the 3-day free pass to Hakone for a family of 6. Pls advise if mid December is a good time to visit Hakone. Which area in Hakone could we stay for 2 nights (budget hotel?)for easy access to the places of interest. Any suggested 3-day itinerary to Hakone? Read so much of Hakone and hope to spend time exploring this area.
by Ross Tan (guest)  

Re: Suggested 3-day itinerary for Hakone in Dec 2011/10/20 07:17
Pls advise if mid December is a good time to visit Hakone.

In my opinion, Hakone can be enjoyable around the year, but personally I don't consider December to be the best time because the vegetation has turned barren. I think the landscape looks much better with lush vegetation. On the other hand, visibility tends to be good in December, increasing your chances to see Mount Fuji.

Which area in Hakone could we stay for 2 nights (budget hotel?)for easy access to the places of interest.

What price range? Hakone is a large area with attractions and hotels spread all over the place. Yumoto can be considered a convenient base because it is at the entrance of Hakone (if you arrive via Odawara, which most people do) and because it is a transportation hub.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread