Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel with Hakodate Christmas Fantasy-Train 2011/10/25 18:02
HI,

I am planning to try out this special train called Hakodate Christmas Fantasy-Train which operates during Xmas season.

I will fly in to Hokkaido on 25 Dec and this is the last chance to catch the train (Hakodate to Onuma). I know that this should be reserved 3 days in advance so it is possible to purchase the ticket and make reservation online?

Thank you
by yoyoraku  

Re: Travel with Hakodate Christmas Fantasy-Train 2011/10/25 19:09
I know that this should be reserved 3 days in advance

No, the 3-day limit applies only to the Twinkle Buses. Seat reservations for the Xmas train can be made up until departure time, assuming that there are still seats available. Note also that seat reservations can be made at any JR ticket office in Japan. So, if you happen to be in Japan before coming to Hokkaido, then you could do it in a different part in Japan, too.

But I don't think that the train can be reserved from outside of Japan. I don't know either how popular the train is and whether it will be booked out or not.

Unfortunately JR Hokkaido does not publish any method for contacting them, otherwise you could inquire about the details directly.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread