Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Venetian Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum 2011/12/12 01:16
my husband and I will be visiting Japan for the first time next week. we're arriving in Hakone at 9 AM and would want to start our tour immediately. We intend to take the Hakone Tozan bus bound for Togendai and get off at te Hyoseki/Hakone Glass No Mori Mae Bus Stop to see the Venetian Glass Museum first. Afterwhich, we plan to go back to Hakone Yumoto Stationn so we can take the Hakone Tozan Railway to the Chokoku-N-Mori Station for the Hakone Open Air Museum.

Please help! Are we correct in our assumptions or is there another way to do this? Should we start with the Open Air Museum instead? From our research, we found out that their is a shistsu Meguri facility tour bus from the Open Air Museum which would bring us t the Sengoku Annaijo-mae Terminal Stop. Is this bus stop near the Venetian Glass Museum? if so, how can we go to Gora from there?

Please help us on this. Thank you very much
by Lilo (guest)  

Re: Venetian Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum 2011/12/12 09:46
Travel via Hakone-Yumoto would be a huge detour. Instead of transferring at Hakone-Yumoto, you should transfer at Miyanoshita Station.

Alternatively, there are infrequent buses that travel directly between the Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum. Their departure times are given here:
http://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/pdf/11512-004001.pdf
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Venetian Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum 2011/12/13 00:10
thanks for your reply. so we should just take the hakone-tozan railway and go down at Miyanoshita Station? take the bus from there to start our tour?

so sorry for the bother.

thanks
by lilo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Venetian Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum 2011/12/13 15:42
Hi! Lilo
If you use Hakone tozan railway from Hakone-yumoto Station to Chokoku-no-mori Station,you will reach the Open Air Museum in a two minutes walk.
In addition,use again Hakone tozan railway from Chokoku-no-mori Station to Goura Station, then transfer a bus to Glass Museum, I think save at time.
If you get"Hakone Free Pass",round-trip fare from Tokyo, Shinjuku station and seven kinds of transportation in Hakone are free. (valid for two days).
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/
http://amazing-kanagawa.jp/english/2011/09/07/hakone-open-air-museum/
by WB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Venetian Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum 2011/12/13 18:03
I left KANTO area a decade ago so Im not sure. But anyway, U should check whether they keep their business even in winter or not.

Anyway, when I tripped Hakone area, I skipped such museum and enjoyed hot spa!!! and the hiking of the volcano.

If you check and check, U may find some large open air bath where U2 can enjoy with swim-suits. I guess.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: Venetian Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum 2012/1/27 20:11
Thank you very much for your inputs. My husband and I had a great time in Japan! Thank God, we did not skip Hakone in our itinerary, otherwise, we would have missed a great experience in our lifetime.

Anyhow just in case this would help, here are some tips we could share in our Hakone leg. As soon as we arrived in the Hakone Yumoto Station from Shinjuku, Tokyo, we were bent on starting our tour immediately so we had our luggage delivered to our hotel (Hotel Green Plaza) via the Hakone Carry Service, so we didn't have to bother bringing it with us while we explore Hakone.

From the station, we took the railway to Chokoku-no-mori station to bask at the beautiful and magnificent Hakone Open Air Museum. The museum was only a 2-mins. walk from the Chokoku-no-mori station. After about 3 hours there (lunch included), the Venetian Glass Museum was our next target.

We just effortlessly headed back towards the Chokoku-no-mori station and looked for the nearest bus stop (just a stone's throw away from the station) to catch the bus to the Venetian Glass Museum! Very convenient indeed!

Again, thanks for all your help in making our Japan trip very memorable. We will be going there again in 2 months by God's grace ;-) It's going to be Kyoto, Nara and Osaka this time.... ;-)

until then....
by Lilo Carpio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Venetian Glass Museum and the Open Air Museum 2012/1/27 22:39
Thank you for the feedback! I am glad you had a good trip and wish you another nice travel experience in two months.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread