Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus trip around Kyoto temples 2011/12/14 16:31
Hi,

My family of 5 will be visiting Kyoto on 22 Dec 2011. We would like to visit Kinkakuji, Kiyomizu Temple and follow by Fushumi Inari Shrine (in this order).

Appreciate any advises on the above sequence is appropriate in view of going to these places by bus. Also, please advise what bus number should I take from Kyoto station to those places.

Thank you.
by Ricky 7296  

Re: Bus trip around Kyoto temples 2011/12/14 17:16
This is a map of Kyoto's buses which should be very helpful in looking up your route:
http://www.city.kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/cmsfiles/contents/0000019/19770/bus_...

I personally avoid Kyoto buses like the pest, especially in central Kyoto, because they are too often slow, infrequent, delayed and packed. I would take the subway and bus/taxi via Kitaoji to access Kinkakuji, but from there to Kiyomizudera the bus is not too bad of an option (although a very long journey). From Kiyomizudera to Fushimi Inari I personall would walk down to Kiyomizu-Gojo Station and take the Keihan Line to Fushimi Inari Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus trip around Kyoto temples 2011/12/16 23:40
kyoto JR station - golden pavilion.
205 from B2 or B3 (A2plat forms 205 is opposite direction)

GP(kinkakuji) - terminal of Kitaooji
205 U had ride.
change 206 from Red-Half terminal of Kitaooji
Gojoo-zaka or KiyomizuMichi stop to walk up KiyomizuTemple and get back one of those two busstop
ride any bus to
HIGASHIYAMA NANAJOh
and visit temple of thousand statue (SanJUUsanGENdoe)
walk to Keihan NANAjoe station the steps to the underground station is just next to McDonalds
ride the local train of KEiHAN to FUSHIMI inari.

there is 2 more option from KiyomizuTemple to FUSHIMI INARI.

available upon request.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread