Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 01:52
i summing up my whole itinerary. do give me some feed back

Traveling time March 21-29 2012.

21 March 2012

reach osaka 8.30 am

Osaka castle
Shinseikai
Dotonbori

22 March 2012

umeda sky tower
shinsaibashi (shopping)
naniwa food market
tempozan ferries wheel (night view)

23 March 2012

Kyoto

take hankyu railway to arashimaya
togetsukyo bridge
tenryuji temple
bamboo groves
gold & Silver temple (depend on time)

11.30pm take overnight bus to kawaguchiko

24 March 2012

reach kawaguchiko around 8.30 am

ice cave
wind cave
music forest
kachi kachi ropeway (if have time)
onsen (near k's guest house)

25 March

yeti snow town
gotemba premium outlet or other place
train to tokyo

26 March

ghibi meseum
shinjuku
harajuku
shibuya
tokyo tower

27 March

Disney Land

28 March

Disney Sea

29 March

Tsukiji fish market
Ueno park
asakusa shrine
sensoji temple
sumida park (if sakura bloom )
Tokyo Sky Tree (if open)
akihabara
ikebukuro - sunshine city (ice cream city)
Haneda airport (11.30 pm flight)
by vuihen  

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 08:10
It is very well and efficiently planned. Looks great for people who like a fast travel pace. The Sky Tree won't open until May. And expect the Disney Resort to be very crowded because you are visiting during the spring holidays.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 11:29
I have some sugestion about 21 and 22.

If you are in to aquarium, I recommend to visitKAIYUKAN Aquarium.
It is one of the largest aquariums in the world.

http://www.kaiyukan.com/language/eng/

And one more. If you are int to Japanese history, try to go to TODAIJI TEMPLE in Nara.It is listed as a World Cultural Heritage Site in 1998 and has big Buddha Statue.
You can go there by Kintetu train from Namba station to Nara station. It takes about 30 minutes train ride and 20 minitue walk.

http://www.rondely.com/zakkaya/kanko/todaiji/todaiji.htm

Enjoy.
by tome kazu rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 14:44
thanks for the suggestion.

i know that osaka aquarium is one of the largest but me and my wife both are diver our self so we prefer it more natural way.

Nara is a bit far as we only plan to stay in osaka area for 2 days.

however i wish to ask will it be wise to spend a day or half a day at otsu ?
by vuihen rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 15:15
I agree nature is best.

It depends on what you want to stay in Otsu.
If I were you, I would stay in Kyoto or Osaka. There might be no good sightseeing place except Biwako lake.

I have some good place in Kyoto.
Kiyomizu temple and Nanzenji.
You can enjoy traditional Tofu dish near Nanzenji temple.
Ex. http://r.gnavi.co.jp/k001902/lang/en/

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 15:35
On Day 3. (without staying overnight)

i was thinking to go to Biwako Hana Hunsui Fountain & Omi Maiko beach around 4 pm then take a bus or train back to kyoto station to catch my midnight bus around 11.30

will it rush or should i just spend the day in kyoto ?
by vuihen rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 19:23
Seeing your itenary Day 3, I think it might be too busy. I suggest you spend the day in Kyoto.
I've passed through Biwako several times and I've lived in Nara, I din't know there are Biwako Hana Hunsui Fountain & Omi Maiko beach. They might be so famous.

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 20:06
Your two days in Tokyo (outside Disney Resort) are pretty jam-packed, while your two days in Osaka are pretty leisurely. If it were my itinerary I'd do one day in Osaka and three days in Tokyo.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/18 23:09
Actually I have no idea where to go in Tokyo that why I spend 2 day in disney. But if we too tired we change to 1 day Disney.
by vuihen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/19 01:29
You can certainly fill up four days in Tokyo, and one day at Disney Resort sounds more sensible.

Since you're going to spend thousands of dollars on your trip, have you thought about investing in a $20 guidebook? Of course you can ask for advice online, but people can only tell you what they're interested in, whereas you might run across something in a guidebook that might be a bit offbeat but of special interest to you. And it will give you something to read on the long plane ride....
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/19 03:33
You have no idea where to go in Tokyo? There is enough to see and do in Tokyo to fill a month if you're thorough. Two days will leave you and unsatisfied feeling i'm sure. You need to remember that Tokyo is huge. All these things you want to see in Tokyo are not within close distance. Especially your last day in Tokyo is impossible! Unless you are a real Disney fan I would not go to the Disney parks altogether and spend your time in the city. I will propose an initerary for Tokyo for 4 days for you, if you don't like it that's fine ofcourse...

Morning:
- Shibuya (experience the crowded scramble crossing in the morning hours)
Afternoon:
- Ghibli Museum (it's not located in the center area)
Afternoon/Evening:
- Harajuku/Omotesando area
- Yoyogi Park (especially fun in the weekends to see the young Japanese relax in the park).

Morning/Afternoon:
- Tsukiji Fish Market
- Asakusa area
- Sky Tree (if open)
Evening:
- Ueno and Ueno Park (I recommend to also visit the markets at Ueno, very different from other neighborhoods of Tokyo)

Morning:
- Akihabara
Afternoon:
- Tokyo Tower/Roppongi (this area is also very interesting), or, Tokyo Central Station/Imperial Palace area
Evening:
- Shinjuku (Kabukicho has to be experienced at night!)

Morning:
- Ikebukuro
Afternoon/Evening:
- Shimbashi/Shiodome
- Odaiba
(I would very much recommend you these neighbourhoods as they are among my favorites, Shiodome has the highest buildings in Tokyo, Odaiba you can go by monorail, it's on the other side of the river and you can enjoy good views of Tokyo).

I think to spread this to four days will give you the time to really enjoy Tokyo. Remember that just to walk around Shibuya and Shinjuku you can spend many hours! The same goes for almost all of these areas you intend to visit.
by Dutchman1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/19 14:55
Thank you for the recommendation. I Tot I will go to ghibi museum in the morning and about 1.30 will reach shinjuku. From shinjuku to harajuku then shibuya finish around 8.30pm then move to Tokyo tower to see the night view. I spend about 7 hour in shinjuku harajuku and shibuya do I need more time ?

I don't really interested in ginza and rappongi bcos I not really a night life person.
If by all opinion I should only spend a day in Disney should I go for land or sea and what the diffriend ?

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/20 00:00
"Do I need more time"

Well this depends entirely up to what your interests are. Ofcourse you could do it like you planned. But if you do it like this you will be in a hurry all day long. If you are only interested in catching a glimpse of each area, then you could plan it all in a day. But my experience in Tokyo is that you never have enough time. Especially the first time I went there sometimes felt disappointed that I did not have enough time to really walk around the districts and just go exploring.

If you only want to see the most central area's of Shibuya, Harajuku and Shinjuku, then you can plan it in a day including Ghibli Museum. But for example: Around Harajuku you have Omotesando street, Yoyogi Park, Meiji Shrine, all famous tourist attractions. So you might want to spend a lot more time in one area than you expected!

I think you could visit the places you want to visit in 3 days. It will be a tight schedule but you can make it work. If I had to chose between Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea I would choose Disneysea.

Tokyo Disneyland is pretty much a copy of Disneyland Florida, Paris etc. you if you have visited one of them, Tokyo disney will not be anything new. Disneysea is a totally original theme park. It has one lots of awards and is famous for the maritime theme. Acutally, I will visit Dinseysea myself this winter :)

Hope this was helpful ;)
by Dutchman1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2011/12/20 00:24
Thanks for all the advice I think I will take away my Disneyland and replace it with Odaiba.

I will only go to disneysea. Just wondering

Do Disney sea have perade like dianeyland

Do we able to see disney castle (from far away)

Do they have firework show ?

reply to this thread