Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Revised itinerary 2011/12/18 19:45
I will be flying in to kansai airport on 3rd of feb 2011 arriving at around 3.45pm .... Going straight to shin Osaka as I have booked a hotel there . On the 4th thinking of exploring Osaka n universal studios and on the 5th visiting Nara n Kobe . On the 6th leaving for Tokyo at around 11 am n going straight to Shinjuku n exploring the place b4 night falls . On the 7 we will be going to Disney sea resort n spending a full day there .on the 8th we will explore as many highlights we can cover including the fish market ! On the 9 th we will visit Hakone to view mount Fuji . On the 10th we will leave Tokyo for Kyoto where we will stay for 2 nights to explore the ancient city ! We will leave Kyoto on the 12nd at around 11am for kansai airport where we take our flight home at 16.45.... Is this it itinary too rush? And also when can we start using our JR 7 days pass ? ( thinking of starting it on the 6th for our Tokyo trip n using it also for our return to Kyoto n Kyoto to kansai ) pls advise n also do I still need to buy the 3 days kansai thru pass for the transfer to Osaka n Nara as well as to the city tour of Osaka ..... Thank you
by YKKWAN  

... 2011/12/19 11:55
In general it looks pretty good to me.

What did you want to do in Kobe? Nara and Kobe in one day might be a lot, unless you just want to have a short wander around and dinner in Kobe?

Is this it itinary too rush?

It is a relatively fast pace but doesn't look too bad to me.

And also when can we start using our JR 7 days pass ? ( thinking of starting it on the 6th for our Tokyo trip n using it also for our return to Kyoto n Kyoto to kansai )

That sounds the best to me.

pls advise n also do I still need to buy the 3 days kansai thru pass for the transfer to Osaka n Nara as well as to the city tour of Osaka ...

I'd probably get the JR West One Day Pass for the day you arrive, as you can then catch the Haruka direct to Shin-Osaka station. You can also use it in the evening to go from Shin-Osaka to Osaka station for a look around. Not sure if the other passes will pay off, you might be better off with individual tickets. Depends how much you move around I guess. I'll let someone else try and answer that one!

Enjoy your trip!

by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Revised itinerary 2011/12/19 21:56
As I live in Kyoto and love Kyoto, 2 days in Kyoto is too short 2 C something.

And If I can dare 2 say, Skip Shinjuku.
It is just another city.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

reply to this thread