Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yoshino shuttle bus schedule 2012/1/23 19:19
Hello!

I will be visiting Yoshino in April, and I would like to know if anyone knows the time schedule of the shuttle buses operating from Yoshino station to Naka Senbon koen/Chikurin-in Mae and further to Oku Senbon Guchi/Kinbu Shrine? I know that the distance is walkable, but we will be a group and not everyone is fancing a 3-hr walk up and down.

Thank you so much in advance!
by Per Flarvsen (guest)  

Re: Yoshino shuttle bus schedule 2012/1/24 12:22
I don't think there is a fix schedule. When we were there the buses operated like a conveyor belt and left the station once they were full. There were a lot of people as we went for the sakura festival on April 11.

Note that after you get off at Chikurin-in you still to hike uphill for another 15-20 min to Hanayagura viewpoint for the classic postcard view. You can still hike up further if you want but for us it was more than enough as the hike is pretty steep.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Yoshino shuttle bus schedule 2012/1/24 23:25
Thank you for this information!
Do you remember how much the bus ticket costs by the way?

by Per (guest) rate this post as useful

Yoshino bus 2012/1/24 23:58
When we went in 2008, the bus fare is 350 yen.

Re: Yoshino shuttle bus schedule 2012/1/25 01:32
Thank you!!

Re: Yoshino shuttle bus schedule 2012/1/25 02:53
I manage to dig up last year's bus schedule for you to use as a reference.

http://www.town.yoshino.nara.jp/kankou_new/kotsu/nakou.pdf

But as I said in my first post, we didn't have to wait long as one bus came along as the previous one left and once it got full the bus was on its way. I suppose if there aren't that many people, the bus will stick to the timetable.

Re: Yoshino shuttle bus schedule 2012/1/25 19:32
Excellent! Thank you so much for all this information!!

reply to this thread