Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Webuy prepaid card in japan 2012/1/26 22:23
First of all, i'd like to thank all of the people o make this site possible, it is awesome thank you very much

On the topic, Im not the biggest fan of credit cards and, surely, dont intend to use one on the internet so i aquired a prepaid webuy card

i know i can buy airplane tickets and i think i can buy the jrpass with it, but i wonder if can make a reservation on a japanese hotel and pay for it with the prepaid card

Im planing a trip to japan, and im trying to avoid the use of a credit card on the internet. In japan i'd use a debit card

anyway, i'm a big fan of japan and i'd like to thank you very much because without this site planing the trip would be much more dificult
by Carl (guest)  

Re: Webuy prepaid card in japan 2012/1/27 16:17
Are you from Piraeus, Greece?
http://www.piraeusbank.gr/ecPage.asp?id=297657&lang=2&nt=96&sid=&fid=2...

What I guess is maybe you can use the card as long as it comes with some international credit card brands such as VISA, MASTERCARD etc. But in any case, you must have some other option. Creditcard is not very widely accepted in Japan.

Check these Japanese prepaid cards too.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Webuy prepaid card in japan 2012/1/27 22:07
thank you very much

No im not, im from portugal

In japan i'll use my debit card to withdraw the money i need and use it to pay for whatever i wan to buy.

I was asking specifically about the hotel. I was thinking of making the reservation with the prepaid card, but i'm not sure if, when i get there, i'll be able to use it to confirm the reservation and pay for the hotel.

Anyway, and please correct me if im wrong -as i'm not really experienced when it comes to trip organizations -, i can make the reservation with the prepaid card and, at the chekin, pay for the days i'll be staying in cash. I'm guessing no harm can come from that right?

One more time: thank you very much

by Carl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread