Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Electric in japan 2012/2/24 18:41
Hai,, i would like yo ask,, is the electric in japan Only 100 volt.,, so if i bring the electric 220volt must be can not use,, is their any suggestion from you? TKs
by apue (guest)  

Re: Electric in japan 2012/2/24 18:56
220 volts will not work without a step down converter, these can be very heavy depending on the item(s) you wish to use.

What is it that you want to bring?
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Electric in japan 2012/2/24 20:00
The vast majority of cameras, notebooks. mobile phones etc nowadays comes with a power supply capable of handling 100-240V/50-60Hz. A simple plug adapter (small and inexpensive) is all you need to use these items.
by SEA monster (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Electric in japan 2012/2/24 20:45
by AC/DC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Electric in japan 2012/2/24 21:12
RobBeer: 220 volts will not work without a step down converter

To use in Japan your appliances designed for 220 V, a step-up transformer might clear the voltage difference, but that is not always enough because the frequency may be different.
To use your appliances designed for 100 V and 50 HZ / 60 HZ in a place with 220 V supply, a step-down transformer might clear the voltage difference.

It seems you are asking on the same topic in Thread #89414, so I will continue there.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread