Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/27 19:10
Hi, I'll be taking the JR East trains from Haneda Airport to Tokyo City when I arrive & taking it again to Narita Airport when I depart Tokyo. Are there restrictions to the luggage size that I can bring onto the JR East trains?
by Dave (guest)  

Another Question 2012/2/27 19:46
Just to ask, Jordan & Hyperdia gave me two sets of different results. I stated to depart Ueno to Narita Airport.

Based on Jordan, there's no such train on March 14th that arrives Narita Airport at 8.33, the Keisei Main Line Ltd. Exp whereas Hyperdia stated there is. Which one is accurate? Please help!
by Dave (guest) rate this post as useful

Help 2012/2/27 20:32
Hi, I'm so sorry,Jordan & Hyperdia gave me another different set of answers when I stated that I want to get from Ueno/Nezu to Torihama, which one to choose?

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/27 21:56
Hi, I'll be taking the JR East trains from Haneda Airport to Tokyo City when I arrive

There are no JR trains from Haneda airport to Tokyo. There is a monorail that goes to Hamamatsucho, you will need to transfer there to JR lines.

& taking it again to Narita Airport when I depart Tokyo. Are there restrictions to the luggage size that I can bring onto the JR East trains?

If you brought it on the airplane then you should not have a problem on the trains, although travelling with a large suitcase during rush hours could be uncomfortable for both yourself and fellow passagers.

The Narita Express has luggage racks in each car.

Just to ask, Jordan & Hyperdia gave me two sets of different results. I stated to depart Ueno to Narita Airport.

Based on Jordan, there's no such train on March 14th that arrives Narita Airport at 8.33, the Keisei Main Line Ltd. Exp whereas Hyperdia stated there is. Which one is accurate? Please help!

I could not get that result from Hyperdia, nor is there a Keisei Skyliner train arriving at either Terminal 1 or 2 at 0.833:

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/pdf/skyliner_time_eck....

Also, in your earlier post you said you would use the Narita Express to Narita, not Keisei Skyliner.

Hi, I'm so sorry,Jordan & Hyperdia gave me another different set of answers when I stated that I want to get from Ueno/Nezu to Torihama, which one to choose?

Without knowing the results you got it would be impossible to say. Also, do you wish to go from Ueno JR station or from Nezu subway station?
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/27 23:06
Thanks for the response.

Based on Jorudan, If I were to reach Narita Airport at 8.40am on 13th March from Ueno, Kesei-Ueno or Nezu , the fastest & least transfer method is from Ueno,
Keisei Line to Keisei-Takasago then take the Narita Skyaccess

Whereas, based on Hyperdia, the fastest & least transfer method is from Kesei-Ueno, Keisei Main Line Ltd. Exp to Narita Airport which arrives at 8.27am & Depart Kesei Ueno at 7.04am.

Based on Jorudan, If I were to want to reach Torihama by 10am ( March 13th) from Ueno, Kesei-Ueno,Nezu, the fastest & least transfer method is that from Ueno
Keihintohoku Line to Yokohama,
Negishi Line to Shinsugita & then the Seaside Line to Torihama

But based on Hyperdia,I got this as results,
From Ueno, Jr Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line to Shinsugita , Seaside Line to Torihama

Help!

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/27 23:07
Btw, I'll be taking

Tokyo Monorail to Hamamatsucho, Keihintohoku Line to Tokyo.

So, luagges are allowed on these lines?

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/27 23:10
Sorry, I mean, 8.45am to Narita International Terminal 1 not 8.40am, Typo! Thanks!

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 05:10
I used the Keisei skyliner when I flew into Narita Terminal 1. There will be many people with luggage, and there are luggage racks on the train. I purchaced a Suica pass and used it to get to KeiseiUeno station, which is under Ueno Park, about 150 meters from Ueno Station.

I placed my carry-on bag in the upper rack, and sat on a bench with my main pack in front of me, just like I saw other people do. Keisei Skyway looked like a typical local train layout, just like what I saw the the movies Trainman and Whisper of the Heart.

If you need to get to the Yamanote Loop, which has Tokyo, Ueno, Ikebukuro, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Shingawa, Akihabara, and a host of other stations, I would get off before KeiseiUeno, at Nippori Station, which is part of the loop.

If your destination is Ueno, then the KeiseiUeno station is fine. If you are looking at a map, KeiseiUeno is south and west of Ueno Station.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 05:43
Nono. The problem is that, Hyperdia state that there are such trains as the stated timings but Jorudan states otherwise.

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 06:00
Based on Jorudan, If I were to reach Narita Airport at 8.40am on 13th March from Ueno, Kesei-Ueno or Nezu , the fastest & least transfer method is from Ueno,
Keisei Line to Keisei-Takasago then take the Narita Skyaccess

Whereas, based on Hyperdia, the fastest & least transfer method is from Kesei-Ueno, Keisei Main Line Ltd. Exp to Narita Airport which arrives at 8.27am & Depart Kesei Ueno at 7.04am.

Actually, Hyperdia also gives the result of Jorudan. You may want to use the timetable as given in the link I gave earlier. Also, Keisei trains depart from Keisei Ueno station, not Ueno station.

Based on Jorudan, If I were to want to reach Torihama by 10am ( March 13th) from Ueno, Kesei-Ueno,Nezu, the fastest & least transfer method is that from Ueno
Keihintohoku Line to Yokohama,
Negishi Line to Shinsugita & then the Seaside Line to Torihama

But based on Hyperdia,I got this as results,
From Ueno, Jr Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line to Shinsugita , Seaside Line to Torihama

I don't understand your confusion, these results are the same, although worded in a slightly different way. Why do you say you are going to both Narita Airport and Torihama on March 13th?

Btw, I'll be taking Tokyo Monorail to Hamamatsucho, Keihintohoku Line to Tokyo.

So, luagges are allowed on these lines?

Yes, although as I already said, it can be more difficult during rush hours.

Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 06:27
Oh. Sorry, 13th on Torihama & 14th for Narita.

So Hyperdia is more accurate than Jorudan?

I mean, Based on Jorudan, there isn't the Keisei Main Line Ltd. Exp train. But based on Hyperdia, there is.

As for Torihama,

Based on Jorudan, I need to switch trains at Yokohama whereas for Hyperdia I don't need to & that the trains from Hyperdia don't show on Jorudan.

Sorry, didn't read carefully on the luggage part though!

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 06:30
I'm sorry, I don't understand the schledue, I'm not taking the skyliner, I'm taking the express train, so which timing am I suppose to look at? Thanks!

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 07:32
I mean, Based on Jorudan, there isn't the Keisei Main Line Ltd. Exp train. But based on Hyperdia, there is.

The 7.04 am Limited Express is listed on Jorudan, just as it is listed on Hyperdia.

As for Torihama,

Based on Jorudan, I need to switch trains at Yokohama whereas for Hyperdia I don't need to & that the trains from Hyperdia don't show on Jorudan.

It depends what train you get from Ueno as to whether you need to change at Yokohama, but you can get a direct train from Ueno to Shinsugita. At Shinsugita you need to change to the private Seaside line.

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 07:37
Sorry, what do you search for to get the limited express result from Jorudan?

I tried typing depart Ueno/Keisei Ueno at 7.04am but it only states Skyliner No.5 & not the limited express?

Btw, are there such trains in existance?
Jr Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line to Shinsugita from Ueno 8.28am or 8.40am , Seaside Line to Torihama from Shinsugita 9.38am or 9.52am. Similarly, I tried searching on Jorudan with such timings but failed. Whereas, Hyperdia gives me such results.

Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 07:39
I typed depart 8.28am from Ueno to Torihama, it gives me the result to change trains at Yokohama. I'm confused. Sorry for the trouble.

Re: Luggage Size allowed on JR East Trains 2012/2/28 09:03
Sorry, what do you search for to get the limited express result from Jorudan?

I tried typing depart Ueno/Keisei Ueno at 7.04am but it only states Skyliner No.5 & not the limited express?

It does show the 07.04, try scrolling down the page.

Btw, are there such trains in existance?
Jr Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line to Shinsugita from Ueno 8.28am or 8.40am , Seaside Line to Torihama from Shinsugita 9.38am or 9.52am. Similarly, I tried searching on Jorudan with such timings but failed. Whereas, Hyperdia gives me such results.

I have no idea why Jorudan is not showing the 08.28, but does show the 08.33.

I typed depart 8.28am from Ueno to Torihama, it gives me the result to change trains at Yokohama.

I assume you mean you used Jorudan? No, it is the same train, you do not change at Yokohama. The Keihintohoku Line becomes the Negishi Line at Yokohama, on Jorudan it is shown in two sections, on Hyperdia it is shown in total.

reply to this thread