Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/27 20:26
I'll be travelling to Tokyo for only 3D 2N after completing my travel at Hokkaido, just for shopping and eating before I return to my country. Was wondering if any one of you have tried Hearton Hotel Higashi Shinagawa or MyStays Inn Kamata?

For info, I have shortlisted the above 2 hotels because I'll be flying in and out from Haneda Airport and would thus like to get a hotel which is near to the Airport. But I do not know which hotel would be a better choice in terms of its accessibility to metro since I'll be mainly going to places like Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ginza (located along the Yamanote JR line) etc.

Appreciate advice from you guys who have knowledge on the locality of the above 2 hotels, or any advice on any recommended hotels that are easily accessible to/from Haneda Airport as well as to the main central Tokyo.

Thanks in advance!

Steven
by Steven (guest)  

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/28 08:40
The Hearton Hotel Higashi Shinagawa, although next to a train station, is in a very souless dead area and the train line is the Tokyo Waterfront Area Rapid Transit Rinkai line that will require a change to other lines to get you to any of the places you want to go or to get you to the airport.

Kamata is not a bad location, but is out of the Yamanote loop, although you will only need to change at Shinagawa to the Yamanote line or for the Keikyu line to get to the airport. If you want a cheaper hotel in Kamada, take a look at Toyoko Inn:

http://toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00001/index.html

http://toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00020/index.html

Another option would be to stay near JR Hamamatsucho station which is on the Yamanote line and is also the terminal station for the monorail to Haneda Airport. You could check out this hotel that is about 10 minutes from the station:

http://www.solarehotels.com/english/chisun/hotel-hamamatsucho/guestroo...

Or the more expensive Hotel Villa Fontaine that is about 7 minutes walk from the station:

http://www.hvf.jp/eng/hamamatsucho.php
by RobBeer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/28 09:31
I stay at Urvest Hotel Kamata East. There is also an Urvest Hotel Kamata West. Kamata East is great because it's a very short walk to the station. You're right at the station and just a minute walk from the hotel you're there. Take the Keihin-Tohoku line to Shinagawa and you can get take the Yamanote Line to any of the main areas of Tokyo. Plus the hotel is fairly cheap with free internet access in your room. If you're interest here's the link.

http://www.urvest.com/eng/kamataeast/index.html
by Dave (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/28 09:58
Thanks RobBeer & Dave for the advice, really appreciate it.

When surfing for more info on the Toyoko Inn Chain, I chanced upon one Toyoko Inn outlet near Shinagawa and it's newly opened. It's located near Tennozu Isle Monorail Station and it's the Shinagawa-eki Konan-guchi Tennozu. Do you guys think that this is a good choice in terms of location, accessibility and price?

Thanks in advance again!

Steven
by Steven (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/28 21:47
Personally I would not stay there, again it has the same location problem as the Hearton as you would need to use either the Rinkai line or monorail to connect with either JR or subway lines, this will add several hundred Yen per day to the cost of travel. And again, it is a bit of a soulless area, about the only redeeming feature (at least for me) is that it is home to the T.Y. Harbor Brewery:

http://www.tyharborbrewing.co.jp/en/ty-harbor

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/28 22:31
Just in my opinion, if you don't mind walking 1.6km from Shinagawa station, its location is not so bad.

Only lots of office buildings, some hotels and standard "convenience stores" are located near the hotel. So don't expect fancy restaurants, shopping malls, supermarkets, tourist attractions or any lively places around.
by K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/28 23:40
I usually stay right across the street from Shinagawa Station at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel. It may be a bit more expensive than the others, but the convenience is what draws me there....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/29 00:47
According to the metro map, it seems that there is no direct line from Haneda Airport to Shinagawa Station, unlike JR Hamamatsucho (which was earlier recommended by RobBeer). Anyway, I have checked out the rate for a double room at Shinagawa Prince, it's too overly priced at around USD200 per night.

I think RobBeer's recommedation of staying near JR Hamamatsucho is truly worth considering, as it's a terminal station from Haneda Airport and it's also along the JR Yamanote line. Am now looking at MyStays Hamamatsucho. Does anyone has any stayinh experience at this hotel?

Thanks to all for the help rendered so far!

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/29 01:09
If you're only there for two nights and don't have a particular agenda, you might possibly want to consider staying in Yokohama instead of Tokyo. It's very easy to get to from Haneda and generally speaking the hotel prices are better. (For example, the Minato Mirai hotels compete intensely, and I often see large, nicely appointed rooms with great views there for under 10,000 yen.) Just something to think about. There is good shopping and dining in Yokohama. Also, you can get to Shibuya pretty fast from there.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/29 01:18
by HND (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/29 03:01
Personally Id recommend Shibuya Tobu hotel. Great location, close to train station on all lines with easy access. Walking distance from Yoyogi Park and Shibuya crossing.
by stu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/29 03:32
Check out the Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa-ekimae and Keikyu EX Inn Takanawa. Both are within walking distance of Shinagawa Station. I got a room at the latter for 7000 yen. There is direct access from Shinagawa to Haneda Airport on the Keikyu Line.
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/29 04:13
As has already been pointed out, there are direct trains from Shinagawa to Haneda Airport. The reason I did not suggest staying near Shinagawa station is because of my own prejudice towards the area. Again, feel the area is soulless, although it does have a bunch of restaurants and shops. There is a Toyoko Inn located about 5 minutes from the station, although it is one of the most expensive in the chain:

http://toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00029/index.html

Also, there is much more to train transit in Tokyo than the metro, you need to understand all the options. Most tourist will get by with JR and the two subway companies (Metro and Toei), and maybe a few private railways (Keisei, Keikyu, Rinkai, and Tokyo Monorail). But there are many others that operate to the suburbs from stations that mostly connect to stations on the Yamanote line. There's even a tram/streetcar that operates in the north of Tokyo.

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/29 22:08
Walking fool: How did you managed to book Keikyu EX Inn Takanawa so cheaply, at only 7000Yen per room per night? Is it the single Standard Room? You booked via their official website?

By the way, my dates of travel are not available for booking yet. I think they only release the rooms for reservation 3-4 months prior to check-in date.

Re: Hotels at Tokyo 2012/3/30 03:27
Yes, that's for a standard single room. I booked on the Rakuten Travel website (Japanese version).
by Walkingfool rate this post as useful

reply to this thread