Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning Japan Trip 2012/3/28 00:26
Thank you EBay Chucky 311

I thought Mount Fuji and Hakone area are in different places.

Could I combine both Mount Fuji, Lake Kawaguchiko, Hokone , Mt. Tenjosan Cable Car & Kawaguchiko Lake Cruise into 2 days as I had booked only 2 nights of hot spring resort in Kawaguchiko or should i book another hotel nearer to Hokone so that I could explore the area more thoroughly by 5 means of transport recommended in the forum.

In addition, could I combine the visit of Nara together with Kyoto into 1 day trip?

By the way, what is the interesting sights in Shinjuku that is worth to visit or should I bypass this area, just travel from Tokyo to Shinjuku to take the direct bus to Kawaguchiko ?

Thank you and would appreciate to receive a reply soonest.

Joyce Koo

by Joyce Koo  

Re: Planning Japan Trip 2012/3/28 07:31
I recommend to append additional questions to your existing thread.

I thought Mount Fuji and Hakone area are in different places.

They are two different, but neigbouring volanoes, 30 kilometers apart from each other. On days with clear visibility, you can see Mount Fuji from Hakone.

Could I combine both Mount Fuji, Lake Kawaguchiko, Hokone , Mt. Tenjosan Cable Car & Kawaguchiko Lake Cruise into 2 days

Yes, it possible if you travel at a relatively fast pace. It also depends on what you mean with "Mount Fuji". Just see it? Or ascend?

as I had booked only 2 nights of hot spring resort in Kawaguchiko or should i book another hotel nearer to Hokone so that I could explore the area more thoroughly by 5 means of transport recommended in the forum.

Hakone is far away from Kawaguchiko and should not be visited in a side trip from Kawaguchiko. You would spend about four hours on the board of buses in order to make the round trip. If you want to visit both, you should visit them one after the another without backtracking.

In addition, could I combine the visit of Nara together with Kyoto into 1 day trip?

I recommend to allocate a full day to Nara, but if you just want to see Todaiji and Nara Park, half a day is enough. As for Kyoto, I recommend a minimum of two full days, but for people without deep interest in history or culture, a single day can be enough.

By the way, what is the interesting sights in Shinjuku that is worth to visit or should I bypass this area, just travel from Tokyo to Shinjuku to take the direct bus to Kawaguchiko ?

It depends on the person. There are a lots of shopping and nightlife opportunities, nice buildings, a free observation deck in the metropolitan government buildings, etc. It depends on personal interest:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Planning Japan Trip 2012/3/28 18:36
Thank you Uji for your information.

It help me a lot for planning the trip in Japan with my family.

Best Regards

Joyce Koo
by Joyce Koo rate this post as useful

Re: Planning Japan Trip 2012/3/28 23:25

Shinjuku is mainly a shopping distict, but that doesn't mean that you won't enjoy yourself.

If you are looking for interesting sights, You could hop on the loop train that goes through Shinjuku, and see the Imperial Gardens near Tokyo Station, or Ueno Park near Ueno Station. This train loop is called the Yamanote line.

If you know that your are going to use a bus or train from a particular station to get to your next stop, I recommend staying near that location. I also recommend when staying in Tokyo, to stay somewhere along the Yamanote train loop.

Nippori Station is on the Yamanote line. I will be going this month, and I plan to stay near Nippori Station. It will be at the end of my trip, and the Kensei Skyliner to Narita Airport goes through this station. My wife is a quilter, and I plan to shop in Nippori (Fabric Town) on the day that I leave to come home.

Ikebukuro Station is also on the Yamanote line. Last year, when I went to Tokyo, I stayed in Ikebukuro, because I was planning to go to Chichibu, and the Seibu Chichibu train leaves from Ikebukuro. This worked out well last year, an I am expecting the same strategy will work this year.

For me, the exception to this 'Yamanote Loop" strategy be if I was doing more of my visiting south west of Tokyo, in Yokohama. If this were the case, I would either stay near Yokohama, or Shin-Yokohama station.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread