Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Safely carrying passport in Japan? 2012/3/28 22:59
Hello all,
I'm male (no purse) and would like advice on safely carrying my passport on my person at all times persuant to the rules I've read about. Any suggestions?
Many thanks!
by NoRa Jin (guest)  

Re: Safely carrying passport in Japan? 2012/3/29 07:42
The greatest risk is that you drop it or lose it because of your own fault. You just will have to be careful not to forget the bag or jacket inside which you carry your passport. And don't put it into a pocket from which it could slip out accidentally.

Pickpockets and thieves are rare in Japan and pose only a small risk. Just make sure not to carry your passport in a pocket that is accessible to pickpockets. And don't leave your bag with the passport unattended in public.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Safely carrying passport in Japan? 2012/3/29 08:18
During my last visit, I had a passport wallet where I put my passport, my ICOCA/SUICA cards and my room keycard. Since the weather wasn't all that great, I carried it in the weatherproof chest pocket of my Columbia jacket.Since it was zippered on the outside and at chest height, it was the best place for easy access and proper security.
by John B digs Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread